TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

so depressed wanting to sh - April 13th 2015, 05:41 PM

So to start out, i have been single for 8 months and everyone around me is in a relationship and happy, and no matter how Mich I try to tell myself that I'm 100% happy I'm not. I want that special someone. I was ok with being single but now it just makes me depressed, and on top of that my dad and one of my managers at work keeps pressuring me to loose weight. Especially my dad, everyday talking about how big I am. When I'm [Edited] pounds. I've tried not to secondary, but everyday I want to. I just keep thinking that at least that is something I can control, but on the other hand I don't want to. It just seems like I can't be happy no matter how hard I try to be.

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; April 13th 2015 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: so depressed wanting to sh - April 14th 2015, 01:43 AM

Hi there,

Do you think that you can talk to the people that are pressuring you to lose weight and tell them how much it is affecting you? I know that they are potentially concerned for your health, but that is the wrong way to go about it and they are saying really hurtful things to you. They should be made aware of the harmful effects they are having on you. If you really do need to lose weight, follow a healthy diet and exercise plan, such as one laid out by a doctor. But if YOU don't want to lose weight, then don't. It's not up to them to decide, and you're perfect regardless. Your weight does not define you.

Maybe you can join clubs and other groups around town. That way, you can begin to put yourself out there more and meet new people who can be potential friends or romantic partners. You can also sign up for online dating if this is something that you feel comfortable with. That way, you won't have to wait around for someone to come to you.

In the meantime, use your friends for comfort and support. Even if they are in a relationship they should still have time for you. You can hang out with them and have fun, or also talk to them about how you are feeling. It can make you feel less alone to have your friends around!

Is there anyone else you can talk to about this, such as a family member, friend, doctor, therapist, or other trusted person? It can be really beneficial to have support so you don't go through this alone, and so you can get things off your chest. It can also help because they can give you ways to cope and solve problems.

This is a list of alternatives to self harm. They are healthy and safe ways to cope with what is going on. Try some of these, because one is bound to work! It may also be useful if you use forms of self expression such as writing, art, or poetry, or exercise to release stress.

Try and take care of yourself. Maybe you can take a warm bath or shower then curl up with a good book or movie, paint your nails, do your hair, or do a hobby. You deserve that!

Continue making goals. That way, you have something to strive for, and when you accomplish them, you WILL feel proud. The bad won't last forever.

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Condabomb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Britt

Re: so depressed wanting to sh - April 14th 2015, 02:07 AM

It'll get better I promise, just keep your head up, don't listen to what they have to say, it's what you think about yourself that counts! Just becase someone says something doesn't mean it's true.

What are feelings?
.....How do I use them?
....Can Eat them?
...Or sell them?
.......... No? Well, Then I don't want them...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: so depressed wanting to sh - April 16th 2015, 11:49 AM

It is okay to be single. There is no reason to rush into a relationship just because your friends are in one. You will find that special person when the time is right, don't worry.
As for your dad and manager at work giving you a hard time about your weight. Do not listen to a word they have to say. For one Depending on where you are located in most places you could report your manager for harassing you. I would suggest talking to your dad and letting him know that what he is saying is really upsetting you and that you don't want him to say anything to you about your weight. Keep your head up things will get better.

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
Closed Thread