TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rlag Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation How to hide scars on thighs? - April 22nd 2015, 06:54 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have six scars on my left thigh, they're all the exact same length and stacked neatly on one column. They're pretty deep scars so they didn't fade to a pale white, they're significantly darker than my skin. Most of the time they're covered, but should someone see them im not sure how to hide them. They look clearly deliberate. When I had two I could laugh it off that I sucked at shaving and since I was right handed I always ended up getting cut on the same spot because I couldn't get the right angle for it, but now they're all in a line and obvious. I dont think there's a good way to excuse it besides sarcastic or joking responses, but those will obviously not convince them. So in case anyone DOES somehow have an idea for it, I would appreciate it a ton.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: How to hide scars on thighs? - April 22nd 2015, 10:49 AM

Hi there,

I would definitely invest in a good concealer. I'm unsure as to what your budget is, but I do know that SheerCover offers a wonderful concealer that hides literally any kind of scars and blemishes, anywhere on the body. Again, you can choose any concealer but good quality concealer provides better and long-lasting coverage. A little bit of foundation on top would prevent it from getting wiped away too quickly. Good idea to keep them on your person in case you feel the need to touch it up.

I would also consider purchasing a shea butter moisturiser or body butter. Daily moisturiser improves the look of scars and provides skin enough elasticity which also helps maintaining the growth of skin cells, so the scars will heal a little more. Any kind of stretch marks cream works wonderfully on scars as they contain elastin/collagen - promoting cell growth and healing.

Hope this helped.
Take care x

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: How to hide scars on thighs? - April 23rd 2015, 06:10 AM

Hi there and welcome to TeenHelp!

I agree with the advice that was given to you above. In addition to that, you can try to use an exfoliating soap or a body scrub to remove the dead cells. Then you can moisturize that area afterwards. You can also try applying lemon juice several times a day. You have to let it dry, and then you can rub it off. It has to be done three times a day though, and it can be time consuming. I've heard you can make a scrub out of sugar and vitamin E oil that helps reduce the appearance and coloring of scars. You can use vitamin E oil by itself, too. Here are some ways that you can cover your scars.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Re: How to hide scars on thighs? - April 23rd 2015, 05:28 PM

Hello welcome to TeenHelp,

I agree with the advice above. Another thing which you could do is use bio-oil. I find that really helps to get rid of scars.

xx

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: How to hide scars on thighs? - April 24th 2015, 12:09 AM

Hey - I actually have my worst scars on my thighs as well, I've found it's easy enough to keep them covered but it's handy to have a story ready for when people do inevitably ask about them. I have some whole diatribe about climbing over a barbed wire fence that I've been spinning out. It might not be believable, but if you say it convincingly enough with a bit of a laugh people will usually back off.

Bio-oil, shea butter, Vitamin E (you can get creams, but buying a tub of capsules, and popping the capsules with a pin to rub the liquid straight onto the scars works best) stretch mark cream: all great suggestions. Massaging the area frequently will help too.

You might have to give it a bit of time but they will gradually fade.... I've had mine for six years and they're hardly as noticeable at all now. Keep truckin.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
PorcelainDollAmethystEyes .
Not a n00b

Name: Kianna Libra Blue

Re: How to hide scars on thighs? - April 24th 2015, 09:17 AM

I dont know much about concealer or anything like that...

From some sources I've heard, scars of any kind whether they were personally inflicted or not are considered battlescars. From an event you survived, because getting over depression and whatelse is like a victory all in its own. You won, you made it. And because of it you've own stronger, up a level of prowess and hopefully ready to face the next battle, whatever or with whoever it is.

If people ask, and really its none of their business. But to say something, shrug and say "I survived a battle." Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not sure if this helps. But it came to mind.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread