TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheTameLion Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jeff

Wither - May 13th 2015, 05:18 AM

The different ways people react to seeing others self harm or generaly in pain. Some like my should be friends genuinely care and want to help. They try to help until they feel like I've been "sad" for too long. When I ask why they're treating me with contempt, they say it's because I'm not myself. So they care while it's convenient. They try to talk you out of slicing your skin and they try to give alternatives. Then they abandon you as if you're a dog that shit on the carpet one too many times. Then there are the people who pretend to care, they're the ones who say "we can talk" and when you try to take them up on it they day they're busy. At first they look like people who care, but unlike them they never cared to begin with. Then there are the people who see me as a mental case. I had an elderly man approach me today and whipped a towel at me and sneered "clean yourself up you're a fucking mess". All of them hurt but nothing hurts more than having someone tell you that they'll "be there for you until the end of the univers" then 3 days later tell you that you're drowning them. I'm sitting here looking at my Crimson wrist, and yeah. I'm ashamed. I'm ashamed because I couldn't handle it. Because I am weak, but the weaker I am the worse they get and the weaker I get. I'm just killing time until I wither into nothingness.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Wither - May 13th 2015, 05:41 AM

It isn't right that people say that they are going to care and try to help you and then leave you like that. I am so sorry that so many people have put you down like that, because you seriously don't deserve that. I know that I myself have had mixed reactions from friends, but there are people that care. The same is true for you. You will find people who truly do care and truly do want to help. Don't lose hope, because those people are honestly out there and you will find them someday.

Maybe you can talk to a therapist or counselor in the meantime, because they chose the career path they did because they care. They can be someone to listen to and help you solve some of the problems and cope in better ways.

You are not weak though. You are still trying your hardest, I can tell because you are posting here. You are doing the right thing by trying your hardest and that makes you strong. You are still in this battle, you are still fighting the good fight, and you can get through this.

Closed Thread