TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Sleepover! - May 15th 2015, 11:58 PM

Ok so I've got a sleepover today as you may have heard. I have told one of my friends who is running it about my self harm and she took it pretty well. Apparently she has quite a few friends who do it. She was telling me about one of her friends who seems to hate people who do it though. She was just like, Why don't they just get help?, But even my friend knows that its not that simple. So I'm really grateful to her for understanding really. She's writing a story about a girl who does it and it is literally my life story told from someone else's perspective and its a little bit creepy but that was how I told her. By pointing to the character and saying this is me. I still haven't told the chaplain cause he's never there and when he is he's busy. I'm planning on telling someone else but how would they even help me? Like what would they do to give me help anyway? This is mainly the question I want to know on here. Thanks for all the help guys. 1 day clean!

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Sleepover! - May 16th 2015, 02:12 AM

Hi there,

I want to start out by saying that it is super great that your friend is supportive and understanding of you, and it is also great that you have been free for a day! That's something to be proud of.

Different people can help you in a variety of ways, so it honestly depends on the person. It can help even just to have someone to talk to who you can get things off your chest to. Some people may be able to help you develop better coping mechanisms when you get triggered. Others may be able to help you solve your problems. Others may help lift your spirits a little bit.

Do you know anything that you think WOULD help you? It may be useful to tell whoever you decide to talk to about this what would be good for you if you know anything, or what wouldn't be good for you and wouldn't help. If you aren't sure what would be helpful for you, you can say this as well and maybe you all can discuss something.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Sleepover! - May 16th 2015, 07:05 AM

I agree that it is great for you to have a friend who is aware and supportive of your situation. The idea of writing a book about self-harm I think is a terrific one as well - such things could possibly go a long way in educating people about SH and similar topics.

As the poster above said, what type of help a person provides you depends on the individual. Best wishes to you moving forward.

Closed Thread