TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Please help! - May 21st 2015, 09:22 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Please help me! I did it again! This time to the point of blood. Something I've never done before. I need help to beat this. I feel like I'm all alone on this and no one is there to lend me a hand as I'm about to fall.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Please help! - May 21st 2015, 09:29 PM

Hush sweet, we're her for you. I know this is really hard and scary right now but it's not going to last this way okay? I've been through a lot of self harm and have again recently, but I'm determined to fight it and what I know now is that if you want to fight it, you can do but you have to work hard and give it time. It's not going to happen over night but you can beat all of this and if it's what you want, it's what you will do. You need to believe in yourself though. I believe in you for sure. I have no doubt that you can't do this. You've come far and are doing so well, there are going to be slip ups but you can't let them set you back okay? I promise it's going to be okay.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need me. I believe in you - You ARE strong enough to get through this so don't stop fighting and don't suffer in silence either. People can and want to help you but can only do so if they know what's going on. You've got this so hold on and keep fighting. We're all here just a step behind you.

Jessie. x

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Please help! - May 21st 2015, 09:38 PM

As Jessie said, we on the site are here for you anytime. But it may also be a good idea to confide in those close to you and/or seek out therapy of some kind if you believe that would be a good idea. Best wishes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: Please help! - May 22nd 2015, 06:22 AM

It's okay I promise you, it's okay, and if it's not okay right now, it'll be okay. I know it's scary, I was scared when I first drew blood too. We are all here to help and support and love you when you need it You are going to get through this, I promise.

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Please help! - May 22nd 2015, 03:37 PM

Aww, we are here for ya. You always have a safe. We're going to be here for you regardless.

It sounds like things aren't going so well for you as your self harm behavior is escalating. Do you have someone you can talk to about this in your personal life who can be there if you need them? You can get through this, you're strong, and you want it. I can tell. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. Take this slip up as a learning experience for you. What triggered you to cut this last time? Now you know the trigger and can recognize it and work towards a healthier alternative. We got your back, okay? You're not alone in this. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Please help! - May 22nd 2015, 04:56 PM

Hey there,

From my experience with self harm it usually tends to get worse the more you do it. The fact that you are drawing blood proves that things are getting worse. You don't want this to happen because your self harm can spiral out of control. I suggest that you open up to people in your life about what you are struggling with and see if they could provide you with support. If you talked to your parents about this they might be able to help you get into counseling to figure out what your triggers are and help you work on getting to a better place. Opening up can be really scary but I have found that when I have been open about my struggles it helps me to feel better and I am able to work on finding a resolution.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Please help! - May 23rd 2015, 12:45 AM

Hey there,

There are always people here to support you, you are not alone. You will find there are many people amongst the forums who are trying to deal with the same issues as you and there is always someone who can relate to you. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time right now. It's good that you recognise that self-harm has become a problem for you. Reaching out and gaining support is a good way to begin your path to recovery. Do you have a friend you feel you could trust to speak to about this, or a family member? I know asking for help is hard but I promise you will feel better with someone in your life knowing about your self-harm and having someone you can turn to in difficult times. It helps to know there is someone there whatever the time of day that you can call or text when you're feeling low. Alternatively you can always come to teenhelp, there are plenty of people who will be more than happy to talk to you and try to help you to the best of their ability.

Have you ever considered counselling? It could be something to consider. I was sceptical at first but I found that even after a few sessions it helped me. It's good to have someone to talk to who is an outsider on your life, someone who can help to give you perspective that those close to you may not be able to give you.

I really hope things get better and I am here anytime you need someone to talk to.
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Re: Please help! - May 23rd 2015, 12:47 AM

I want to but when I drew blood my parents flipped out and my dad is holding me to it that I won't self-harm again and if I do he will take everything sharp away from me. I'm so under pressure because of this promise and I'm scared I won't be able to keep that promise. But he made because he hurts when he sees scars.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#9 (permalink)) Old
xyzman Offline
wolfboy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: call me DK

Re: Please help! - May 23rd 2015, 01:08 AM

your not alone. theirs many people that are dealing with something like this. I used to cut but I was able to stop because I realized that it did nothing but leave painful reminders of why I did it in the first place.

so pleas if you need help or jus want some one to talk to and just listen PM me I check my email and stuff all the time so I'm never far away

hope you feel better

Closed Thread