TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,329, Level: 39 Points: 77,329, Level: 39 Points: 77,329, Level: 39

Research Study about Self Harm - July 12th 2015, 04:25 PM

Hello, everyone.

The following is an advertisement for a research study about self harm. If you are interested in taking part, please contact Wally Wojciechowski using the information below.

This research request was approved by a Project Coordinator.

Quote:
Hello my name is Wally Wojciechowski and I am a graduate student in the Department of Sociology at the University of Florida working under the supervision of Dr. Marian Borg. I am seeking research participants for a study that I am conducting focused on pathways leading to self-injurious behavior. This study will focus on environmental factors that are external to an individual that may lead a person to engage in self-injurious behavior rather than any internal characteristic of the individual. This research seeks to foster the destigmatization of self-injurious behavior. Participants of this study will benefit from having the opportunity to reflect upon their experiences with self-injury and their feelings associated with these experiences in a non-judgmental setting. Interested individuals must be 18 years or older to participate. I am based in both Gainesville, Florida and Grand Rapids, Michigan and I am willing to travel to meet interested participants in these areas. For any potential participants who do not live in these areas or just prefer not to meet in person, telephone interviews are an additional way that we may conduct the interview. Interviews should last between 30 and 45 mintues. With the discussion of one's experience with self-injury having the potential to bring up bad memories or negative emotions, the telephone number for a crisis-line service will be provided to all participants that can be used in the event that any lingering negative emotions stemming from the interview session exist. Additionally, all participants will be reminded that THEY are in control of this interview session and can refuse to answer any questions or choose to end the interview at any time. If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact me via text message or telephone call at (810)-338-8514 or via email at wojci1tw@ufl.edu

Closed Thread