TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Echo1920 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Echo

Exclamation Relapsed.... - July 27th 2015, 03:44 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Almost a month self harm free... I was felling so good, but it all went down hill again. I'm not sure if I even have hope left that I can stop. 2 more weeks until 7th grade and I have a bad feeling about it, it's all going to be worse.....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: Relapsed.... - July 27th 2015, 04:59 AM

Hey,

Going almost a month self-harm free is AMAZING. Each day you go without hurting yourself is an amazing accomplishment, and you should be proud of yourself. I know it seems dim and you are not sure what to do anymore, but you can stop hurting yourself. You don't deserve it, nobody does. What are your reasons for self-harming? Do you think you could make a list of all of the reasons you should stop self-harming? That might help. Find a new coping mechanism, one that will help you get through the 7th grade and beyond that. Focus on your academics and your social support system. Whether that be a friend, family member, or therapist, or a combination of all of them, it would be extremely helpful to you.

You can do this. <3

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Relapsed.... - July 27th 2015, 03:37 PM

Hi there.

I am so glad to hear that you went so long self harm free. You should be really proud of yourself! I know this is hard but we all have lapses during recovery. In fact I think it's part of recovery. But the thing is it's going to make you feel rubbish because you gave in to the urges, in all honesty, but also in all honesty, you don't need to feel rubbish. This happens and you need to think right, okay so I had a lapse and maybe I could have done this and that to have changed it from happening, but it has happened and now its time to move on from it, start again and beat the length I was self harm free. Do you know what I mean? Like, learn from it and move forwards because you aren't the first person to lapse in recovery and you definitely aren't going to be the last. The amount of times I have is unreal, so I get that feeling of disappointment but you need to keep believing in yourself to move on and work forwards.

Now, do you have anyone to talk to about these things? About the urges and about what triggers you and makes you feel your worst? Having someone to talk to is key because it can help is talk through the issues, find ways to resolve the issues, gives us a release etc. Now, having anyone to talk to us brilliant, so know that we're here for you and I'm here for you. You are not alone in what you are going through and you never, will be. You are more than welcome to message me okay? But sometimes having someone to talk to in real life can be even more beneficial. I know school time has ended and you are soon starting 7th grade but teachers or school nurses/guidance counselors can be great people to talk too. So can friends, family, doctors/GPs, counselors etc. I don't know if you see a therapist/CPN? But if you do then maybe it's worth giving them a call and talking to them and if you don't then I want to encourage you to talk to someone of the above. Yes it's a hard step and it's scary but if its going to help then its well worth it. You deserve the help and support that you can get and you don't have to suffer alone in this, okay?

Also, do you use distractions? Here's a list to Teenhelp's idea's: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. Now not every single thing is going to help you so its all about trial and error. And maybe it would be a good idea for you to write your own list but this isn't something you have to sit down and do all at once. It can be something you do over time. And something my CPN said to me when I said things were not helping in the moment was that it doesn't matter if the distractions don't help because as long as you are doing the distractions, then you're doing something other than self harming and that is what is important because that means you are keeping safe. Get what I mean?

And I just want you to know that what ever is going in or what ever even isn't (!) know that I'm here to listen to you anytime whether its for a rant, a distraction or for support. You won't be judged or thought badly of. I'll listen to you with an open mind and try my best to help you as best as I can do, okay? So don't suffer in silence. You can beat this and you are worth more than the pain that you do put yourself through. Stay strong and stay fighting, the fight is damn well worth it and so are you!

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Last edited by Palmolive; July 27th 2015 at 08:59 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Relapsed.... - July 27th 2015, 04:56 PM

As the above posters said, almost a month of being self-harm free is terrific and something to be proud of. It sounds as if you are feeling anxiety about beginning a new grade (something that can be stressful for many people), so perhaps it may be a good idea to speak with someone who can make 7th Grade easier for you to settle in to. Maybe your parents could help you out by buying you school supplies or new clothes for upcoming year, or you could talk to your friends about the positives of a new grade and what you's are looking forward to. Best wishes.

Closed Thread