TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Echo1920 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Echo

I give up - September 20th 2015, 10:41 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

7th grade started about 5 weeks ago. I'm not doing to good. By boyfriend or 3 years broke up with me. I'm being bullied at school, everybody hates me. The only way I knew to deal with it was to cut myself. I'm hiding all my cuts under bracelets on m wrist and Ive started on my leg once more. It's getting bad again and I can't talk to anybody. The doctor took me off a lot of medication, my anger has gotten worse. He asked me if i was okay and I said yes, my mom asked me if I was okay I said yes... I just don't see any point of being alive if it's just gonna be full of shit like this. I'm not even gonna try to stop it, if they find out okay then they find out. I guess it's always gonna be like this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
heathermarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I give up - September 20th 2015, 11:51 PM

I know that right now you may feel like cutting is the only option you have to cope but I promise it isn't. However, the first step to fixing the problem is fixing your mindset. Try your hardest to change your negative thoughts into positive ones. Instead of saying "I guess it'll always be like this" change it to "I'm having a hard time but nothing lasts forever.. not even the worst pain" and if you start training yourself to see the positive in everything, your moods will definitely improve I definitely understand not wanting to admit to your doctor or mother that you're struggling, but that's what they're there for, to help you get through the hardest times. Maybe try going back to your doctor and just being honest and explain that your anger has gotten out of control and that you've been hurting yourself and would like help. Life is definitely full of hard obstacles, but it's also full of strength and small victories, even something as small as not cutting for an hour or two. See how long you can go without cutting and then try to go even longer! If you were able to survive before starting to cut, you can survive after stopping cutting as well. Stay strong and be positive, I hope 7th grade turns around for you and you feel happiness soon

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I give up - September 21st 2015, 03:53 AM

Hey,

I think you should talk to your mom or your doctor about how you're feeling. You need to be as honest with them as possible so you can get the help and support you deserve. Look at it this way: you're helping them, help you. I know talking about something so personal can be hard, but I know you can do this. I think a weight will be lifted off your shoulders if you decide to tell someone about what you're going through. If communicating things verbally is too hard, do you think you could try writing a note?

I really like the post above and the idea of turning your thoughts around. I know it can be quite a challenge to stick to but something as small as making your negative thoughts positive can greatly benefit you. Try to find some ways to express how you're feeling, too. Talk to someone you trust, talk to us, blog, journal, or write a poem.

Here's a list of self-harm alternatives that you may find helpful.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

Closed Thread