TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jamie Sue

Question Dreams - October 13th 2015, 02:56 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Lately I have been clean but the urges that I have are so strong that even after I forget about them and go to sleep I have dreams about cutting and burning. One was i was laying in the bathtub and the blades and cigs and lighters fell on me and i was crying.
And other was I was lighting a cigerette (sorry bad spelling) and burnt my hand and arm and then took a blade and cut my face..

I have never thought about cutting my face or burning my hand so that is what put me off. But i have never really had such bad cravings. Is there anyone who has had dreams? And anyway to stop the dreams because they are really starting to freak me out and makes want to do it some more... Help please

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Dreams - October 13th 2015, 03:16 AM

I think that one thing to try and do is put the self harm tools that you may be tempted to use are harder to get at. That way, if you wake up from one of the dreams and have bad urges, the tools will either be in another room or in a part of your room where you will have to dig them out. That way, by the time you get to the tools your urges may have faded enough to resist self harming.

Maybe you can also develop a sort of routine before bedtime so that you are more relaxed and soothed. Maybe you can take a warm bath or shower before bed and put on some of your comfiest pajamas. If you think it will help you can go to sleep with the TV on low for some background noise, or play some soothing music. You can put some stuffed animals in your bed or your favorite blankets, and maybe you can also use some of your favorite scents. Lavender can be really calming from what I've heard. At least this way you will be more relaxed when you go to bed, which may help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jamie Sue

Re: Dreams - October 16th 2015, 02:50 AM

I only have one tool that I use, and I don't keep it in my room anymore. And I have done a few things to change my way to go to sleep, to make myself more "relaxed" but I am still having the dreams. I am still clean luckily, but its really hard, I cried this morning because I wanted to hurt myself because of that. Sorry if it sounds like I am complaining but I just want this to go away.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Dreams - October 18th 2015, 11:16 AM

hello jamie..

i think that one thing you could do is do positive activities like chatting, relaxing , and watching funny videos of stuff. Your daily experiences remain in your subconscious even when you sleep and they would help remind you and put in some happy experiences wherever you go. I also suggest doing more charity stuff, and good stuff that would remind you that you always have the power to change the world and that you deserve better than to feel this way.

it's more than just distractions. It's about overcoming the experiences, beating the dreams, changing it to happier dreams and moving on into a happier chapter. You're strong... stronger than you think you are. You can beat this... i know you will. Nothing's beyond you. Stay safe. You'll always have us around.. we ain't going anywhere

Here's a big hug for you

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
David Armes Offline
Average Joe

Name: David Armes

Re: Dreams - October 20th 2015, 11:57 AM

I am sorry that you feel that way.

Don't harm yourself but rise above it is what I say.

Take good care of yourself

David

David Armes

always happy to help

keep positive

Closed Thread