TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
XXCassXX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassidy

I have major problems :/ - November 29th 2015, 04:37 AM

So I decided to be really stupid today and steal some blades and an xacto knife from the store. I don't know why, but when I saw the xacto knives I just felt like I had to have one to cut myself with. I only didn't pay for it because I couldn't let my mom see it. I've been caught cutting before and even though it was a while ago I didn't want her thinking anything like I'm possibly cutting again . Now, getting to the point I feel really guilty about this now. I'm not sure what I expect from putting this on here, but I just feel super guilty and thought it might help. I just can't believe I've screwed myself up so bad that I'm stealing something to cut myself with. I feel so messed up. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Keep listening to music, cause it gets you through everything, I promise.
- Mitch Lucker

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I have major problems :/ - November 29th 2015, 06:27 AM

Hi, Cassidy!

I'm sorry your self-harm issues has gotten to this point. Was your mom understanding when she found out about your self-harm in the past? I was wondering if it'd help to open up to her about your recent urges. I know it'd be hard, but her support could help you a lot. And you shouldn't have to deal with this all alone.

You're a good person for simply feeling bad about stealing since you know it is wrong. I understand why you did, though, because addiction can make a person go to desperate lengths. Honestly, it's a big step you're realizing you have a problem. On that note, I wanted to say you should be proud of yourself for posting here - we won't judge. Being able to get something like this off your chest is healthy. I admire you for admitting this!

Do you have any money to pay for it? I understand how it would be easier said than done, but I do suggest going to the store and paying for it. You can bring the blades and exacto knife, and just apologize then pay for it. Or, you could bring it to the counter, explain what you did and simply return it if you are unable to pay for it. You have no obligation to explain the reasoning behind why you stole it. I imagine the cashier would appreciate your honesty. You acknowledge you made a mistake and that's perfectly okay, you know? You still have an opportunity to make this right, and I do believe you'd feel a lot better upon returning it.

Since you stole it because you were with your mom and you didn't want her to know, you could always ask a friend or family member to take you the store or stop by on the way to or from somewhere else. I understand that returning what you stole would be difficult for two reasons; because it is understandably difficult to admit when you've done something wrong, and because you felt the need to have the blades for a reason. You seem to still be struggling with self-harm and I'm sorry for that. I believe that returning the blades would be a positive thing for you in two ways. One is because I bet you'll feel as a weight is lifted upon being honest and returning it, secondly, I realize it is easier to have sharp objects available but it could help you a lot to not have those blades available. Returning them could be a big step towards recovery.

Not sure if this helped but I hope it did in someway. I'm glad you decided to post this. I want to give you another reminder that you aren't a bad person. Everyone has done things they regret, and the fact that you feel bad and regretful over this proves even more so that you aren't a bad person. I hope you are able to make the step towards returning it because I truly think it would be good for you. In the meantime, take care and stay safe. Let us know how things go for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
XXCassXX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassidy

Re: I have major problems :/ - November 29th 2015, 07:47 PM

My parents did not react well when I got caught like two years ago, and the fact that I actually never stopped while they thought I did would probably make it worse. I know I really should return or pay for the stuff I stole, but I 'm not sure I could make myself do that. I also don't have the money.

Keep listening to music, cause it gets you through everything, I promise.
- Mitch Lucker

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: I have major problems :/ - December 12th 2015, 04:56 AM

Hey I'm sorry you feel like this. I'm not really sure how to help but i can offer support and see what advice I can give you.

This is what I would do in your situation: either go back to the store and give it back in good condition without anyone seeing it.(leave it on the counter for them to deal with) or I would go back to the store and give them the money plus a tip for stealing (again, leave it on the counter when they won't see you)
But the right thing to do would be to come clean and appoligize for stealing and return it or give them money for it. That's just what the right thing would be to do even if its hard. I'm just saying that because I felt the Lord tell me to tell you that so here I am telling you what the right thing would be.

I don't want to tell you to sneak and try to get away with things. I knew it would just be wrong to say that.

I'm sorry if this reply wasn't helpful as much as I tried to be helpful, but I want to help as much as possible. Pm me anytime. I'm always here.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I have major problems :/ - December 12th 2015, 06:26 AM

Cassidy

I don't think you screwed yourself up.. rather, it's something that has happened to you that made you feel this way. But there's redemption and there's hope. You don't have to dwell on the past forever because it's the future that counts. Let others talk about your mistakes. Let people think what they want about you... but we all know that you are better than that. Create a new future , a new place where you can always be happy.... no matter what others say about you.

The world is your playground.It's just a pretty big one.

Don't blame yourself.. and remember that there's so many other things you could do in order to rant out your feelings and handle it in a positive manner so don't hurt yourself. You could write your heart out in a journal, and then remember to forgive yourself for any mistakes you might have made. The world has no perfect people, but it has people learning from the mistakes they have made, constantly becoming better, nicer people. And i believe that the learning part is what counts.

You , too.. will be able to beat this, and we'll always be around to help you. Never hesitate to tell us anything! I'm up for a pm anytime .

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread