TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm a fucking spaz
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: 3mily

Exclamation Can someone please help? - March 14th 2016, 09:05 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

can someone please help me? I cut my wrist on Friday. And it was pretty deep. I thought it was satisfying and that it helped, but it really didn't. it never does. i'm tempted to go deeper. I want to see more blood. I feel like it's the only way to calm down. to stop crying.

what do I do?

it's been three days and the urge has never been stronger. please. I need help. I wouldn't have given this site a chance if I didn't know that.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

Re: Can someone please help? - March 14th 2016, 10:18 PM

I'm here if you need to talk. I've been through that. Take care

"I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great aburden to bear." Martin Luther king Jr.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmonies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Can someone please help? - March 15th 2016, 01:48 AM

i can also feel the urge to cut even deeper sometimes. instead of cutting, i draw lines on my wrist (or other area i want to cut) with red pen. it kind of eases me and it doesn't do much harms.
but it sometimes didn't work and we can still feel the anxiety, so i am always here if you want to talk, sis. you can just PM me anytime. don't forget, we will always support you and love you x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
screaming at the sky

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Can someone please help? - March 15th 2016, 02:22 AM

The thing with self-harm is that it releases endorphins, or chemicals that make you feel better. Endorphins are highly addictive and over time, you need to cut deeper and more often to get the same feeling. Since you like seeing the blood when you self-harm, maybe you can draw on yourself with red pen or marker, as it's been suggested. You can write words down or draw different items. You can also consider drawing or painting things in red as well. In the past, some people have held ice and then used some red food dye to look like blood, or they've purchased fake Halloween blood online and that might help as well. Here's a list of alternatives for you to take a look at.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016
12.04.19 & 06.10.20

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I'm a fucking spaz
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: 3mily

Re: Can someone please help? - March 16th 2016, 01:29 AM

Thank you all so much for your wonderful help and guidance! It really means a lot to me, and you've helped me so much. Thank you.

Last edited by Think with my heart; March 18th 2016 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Can someone please help? - March 16th 2016, 11:22 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. I know you're having a tough time right now.

Cassie is right, it does release endorphins so in that moment it helps. But you've got to look at the long run. I know that I've been self harming for about twelve years and the more I've cut, the deeper I've had to go and have gone until I needed stitches, staples, surgery and hospitalisation. It doesn't help the day after. You do it in the movement, it helps, but the urges come back so if it really helped then you wouldn't feel the urge to go back to it. You'd do it once and it would help. But it doesn't happen that way.

I know this is really tough for you at the moment and it's great you're using distractions, but keep using them and your other skills. Keep fighting. You are so much stronger than these urges and you can beat this. They are not goi g to hurt you, they may be unpleasant but only you can hurt you. You're so much stronger than you think you are and I believe in you from what I've seen of of you. You're a fighter and we're all here to help you through and support you; we're rooting for you!

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Can someone please help? - March 20th 2016, 06:25 AM

Emily

I think that what you could do is use even more distractions, such as writing diaries, and reading self-help books. Also, it might help if you get into productive stuff like charity work, some cleaning job or just doing some random nice thing every day like helping an old blind woman cross the street. The cumulative effect of your actions helping other people out can help to reinforce your self-confidence, and allow you to believe that you're stronger than you think you are.

Which you are. You're strong, beautiful, excellent and determined and nothing can stop you from achieving your goals if you will yourself to do it. Most of all, remember that any bad day can be talked about, and you can rant to us anytime regarding your experiences. We want to help you, and we want things to work out for you no matter what.

Most of all, I'm here to help you outs. You can count on me!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread