TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   how are you beating self harm? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t147120-how-you-beating-self-harm/)

NeuroBeautiful August 24th 2016 05:26 PM

how are you beating self harm?

This thread got closed so wondering if we can try it again as it had lasted quite a while (4 years :o)

Today I was at a store that had a closing sale and I really wanted to get this one item to SH with but I got myself a hairbrush and an empty travel bottle for when I make my homemade SH skin cream instead.

How are you beating self harm?

Resilient August 24th 2016 07:00 PM

Re: how are you beating self harm?

Watching movies, being in the TH chat room, using my support system, and trying not to rely on my mental health care team.

hocus pocus August 25th 2016 02:59 PM

Glad to see this back again! I was just thinking about the old thread recently.

Yesterday I talked to my therapist instead and then I went out for a drive, and I've also been spending time outside when it's cool enough.

hocus pocus August 28th 2016 01:37 PM

I went out grocery shopping and I also went to the library.

NeuroBeautiful August 28th 2016 03:17 PM

Been talking to my sister, staying strong so I can be there for her and we have been surprisingly close and created a safe space for each other. We were together when we cried in grief.
(Oh my god please don't jinx this :'(...I'm addressing the universe if it somehow knows I'm writing this)

Lionheart August 29th 2016 08:46 PM

Running and browsing the internet

hocus pocus August 31st 2016 01:06 PM

The other night I went biking, then slept instead of hurting myself. Yesterday I went swimming and cleaned around the house.

NeuroBeautiful September 2nd 2016 03:13 PM

I know I ended up relapsing at night, but I still held off the entire day. My friend's mom is a teacher and I went with them to clean and organize the classroom. There are a lot of different things to look through and sort as it was an accumulation for 35 years. Then we played hide and seek in one of the larger classrooms :hehe:

hocus pocus September 3rd 2016 09:31 PM

I went swimming and walked a few miles.

contaigous-misery September 4th 2016 04:59 PM

last night i made myself listen to certain amount of songs, today had a shower instead, having a ciggarette

Philomath September 4th 2016 08:36 PM

-Homework.
-Staying around people.
-Playing with my dog.
-Sleeping.
-Watching movies.

Sophrosyne September 5th 2016 10:36 AM

I watched a few episodes of Torchwood, finished an assignment, played my flute and saxophone, and played with my dog.

hocus pocus September 6th 2016 07:22 PM

I've been playing with new hairstyles and getting out of the house when I can.

NeuroBeautiful September 7th 2016 04:21 PM

Answered all my vm's. Watched a movie (well sorta skimmed it) and answered an email that I needed to get to. I had almost no sleep so I shall try to get some now and then gonna reply to my threads and see if I can post around in the forum a bit.

hocus pocus September 10th 2016 02:15 PM

I went swimming, did some course work, and cleaned around the house.

NeuroBeautiful September 11th 2016 03:32 PM

I admit I relapsed yesterday(in the early morning) but I still did things to keep busy. I watched a movie To Write Love on Her Arms. It was really good! And it is amazing that it is based on a true story! I also watched A Girl Like Her the night before. Also an amazing movie! There are triggering parts in both but I still felt safe enough to watch it and not do anything harmful after. I've been looking online for cool crafts too. There's this one woman who collects flowers from weddings and uses it to make beautiful kimono designs. I mean, not that I'm going to wear a kimono anytime soon but the concept is lovely.

Palmolive September 11th 2016 08:12 PM

Lazy night in pjs, watching tv and on here and going to go to bed in a few hours and out a film on my ipad. DISTRACTIONS HERE I COME!! (should also fit some uni work in there somewhere, IF i can be bothered..)

hocus pocus September 13th 2016 12:42 PM

I went out for a drive, talked to my therapist, played card games, and blogged.

NeuroBeautiful September 14th 2016 02:51 AM

I played neopet games XD

NeuroBeautiful September 14th 2016 05:50 PM

Played more neopets, tbh.

Sophrosyne September 15th 2016 09:00 AM

I drawed on myself in sharpie instead. A butterfly with special effects (:hehe:), a heartbeat, and a heart. They look a lot better.

hocus pocus September 15th 2016 01:57 PM

I ran some errands, took a nap, and read more of the book I'm currently reading. :)

NeuroBeautiful September 15th 2016 03:09 PM

Just going to let the image speak for itself.
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...g=eyJpIjoidCJ9

I'm starting to wonder if my family is right when they say I have an internet addiction :?

hocus pocus September 17th 2016 01:28 PM

I did some coursework, played a few rounds of a game, and right now I'm on here. ^.^

DeletedAccount71 September 17th 2016 09:21 PM

I'm trying to be more social. I'm going out to events more and seeing people. And coming on here, of course.

NeuroBeautiful September 18th 2016 01:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a walk in the morning. I went to a community event at the library. I played a ton of neopet games with my sister this time. I talked to a few people. Answered some VMs and will try to get to the rest soon. I'm trying but it's hard. I did get to a new level with the help of my sister. Level 14 :3

Resilient September 18th 2016 03:16 AM

Neopets and sleeping.

NeuroBeautiful September 19th 2016 11:19 AM

Last night I watched a free screening of this documentary called "Class Dismissed" highly recommended and interesting for someone like me who considered being a public school teacher. It was only free from 8-10 but then the server crashed and the time framd got extended because it was so popular xD but the fact that the link would disappear made me want to stick with it instead of SHing and watching it later because I've done that in the past. Was a great film. And the director was live on Facebook after so I stayed for that too. Honestly though the urges were hard to best because I did pause a few times and had to redirect myself to not go to the bathroom to cut

hocus pocus September 20th 2016 11:54 PM

Today I had a doctor's appointment, did some laundry, and got out of the house for a little while. Later I'm going to play some board games and do a few other things.

NeuroBeautiful September 22nd 2016 03:24 AM

I went to the support group today. Hung out with my friend afterwords. (Still struggling so bad though)

Storyteller. September 22nd 2016 02:07 PM

Watching a lot of YouTube to keep myself distracted. :nosweat:

hocus pocus September 24th 2016 01:20 PM

Yesterday I watched a movie and took a walk. Today I might do some coursework and I don't know what else.

NeuroBeautiful September 24th 2016 01:45 PM

I'm going to be cleaning, organizing and making phone calls. I also bought notebooks to write in. I've been writing poems but haven't felt confident in them.

Lionheart September 24th 2016 02:07 PM

Did some cleaning and tidying up, gonna play some games now

NeuroBeautiful September 24th 2016 04:58 PM

Forgot it was Saturday so scratch out the phonecalls xD
I made a homemade body wash and it smells yummy. :3 it was a sponraneous thing, i didnt look up a recipe

DeletedAccount69 September 24th 2016 06:29 PM

Browsing th and contemplating writing a blog.

Resilient September 24th 2016 07:20 PM

Gathering things up that I no longer want and need for our family yard sale, listening to music, and putting the act off.

Sophrosyne September 26th 2016 11:33 AM

Well my arm basically looks coloured in at this point :nosweat:

beautiful_mystery September 26th 2016 04:53 PM

Last night I showered and went too bed.

NeuroBeautiful September 26th 2016 05:13 PM

I made a couple phonecalls today, one about housing and one about my debit card issue. I also spoke to RAINN for sometime. I'm going to make a few more phonecalls and go to the center a little extra early so that i can speak to a specific person my therapist told me about who is in charge of a job program.

I only slept from 3:30am-5:30ish so I may try to take a nap.

last night I spoke to livehelp and a few people later on.

Hugging a stuffed animal helps sometimes.

I am honestly feeling too depressed to play neopet games but I might just do the automatic stuff like collecting the daily free things like points and omlette :P
I also listened to music and watched a few short videos

Oh yeah I read a bunch of stories from #IAM911 which was really heartbreaking but there were some of them with happy endings