TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Crying Fish Offline
Small Nerd Shark
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sound

Unhappy How to get walking again?? - January 13th 2017, 10:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Lately, I've been having suicidal thoughts and it's scaring my one friend online. Last night she was crying to me via. messaging due to distance and now she's told my other friend (who I know irl).
This isn't much of the issue, given the fact he kinda already knew I was mentally unstable.

Due to this, I've been hurting myself for scaring them and now I can barely walk without feeling pain anymore because not only did I cut myself on the most stupid location on my leg, I also tore the skin on the bottoms of my feet so fucking deep it started bleeding in cetain places.

So I need to ask, what is the best way to null this down, besides pain medicine? Because not only am I stupid, I am really, really dumb.

I am still somewhat alive.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: How to get walking again?? - January 14th 2017, 01:18 AM

Hi there,

Welcome to TeenHelp. Have you talked to a counselor about how you're feeling and about your self harm? I think it's best that you reach out to someone about how you're feeling and what ways you're using to cope. I self harmed for many years and am only a year free. It's a dangerous path to go down.

Until they heal I would recommend putting healing cream on them and wrapping them up with something to provide cushioning. I hope this will relieve some of the pain.

Stay strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: How to get walking again?? - January 14th 2017, 05:31 AM

Welcome to TH,

I would suggest talking to a therapist to get some of these feelings out. Also i suggest checking out the Alternative thread HERE so you can try and figure out some other ways to deal with your emotions.

Also I think you should go to the doctor about your foot because it is on the ground and in shoes and all the bacteria you might want to make sure it's not infected. I would also suggest putting anti-bacterial cream on your cuts like Neosporin.

If you ever need to talk, vent or need advice I am here for you. You can PM/VM me anytime.

Your Friend,
Frankie

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: How to get walking again?? - January 14th 2017, 09:02 PM

Hi there

Thanks for coming to us here for some help!

I am sorry you are going through a tough time right now. It sounds like things are really quite difficult for you.

I see you have been given the link to alternatives to self harm. It might be a good idea to look through these or even it of and try them when you have an urge or a bad thought. You can highlight the alternative if it works and then after you have figured out which ones help and which ones don't (because it can be a case of trial and error) you can make a poster to stick up somewhere so when you feel low with an urge or negative thoughts, you can go to the poster and choose one or more things to do which often help

Talking to someone might also be very beneficial for you. You can always talk to us here at Teenhelp; we're more than happy to listen, support and help as much as we can. And while that might be helpful, some users on here find it also beneficial to someone in "real life" and this can be someone such as a family member, a friend you trust, a school/uni counsellor, teacher, tutor, nurse or even someone such as your GP/Doctor. All these people can help you with what you are going through right now and you deserve all the help you can get.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread