TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShadowLover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexis

Unhappy How to hid below elbow cuts? >.< - April 20th 2017, 01:35 AM

i cut under the elbow... (on my arm) and idk how to hide the cuts from my family what do i do... to hide them..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: How to hid below elbow cuts? >.< - April 20th 2017, 10:08 PM

Hi there, Alexis!

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with self-harm. Would you like to talk about your self-harm, Alexis? What made you begin self-harming? There's no pressure but I want to let you know you're more than welcome to open up about it. We're here to listen and help if we can.

I'm wondering if you're in recovery for self-harm? I understand self-harm can become a coping mechanism and it's hard to stop, but it is possible and would be healthier because self-harm hurts you more than it helps. Have you seen our list of self-harm alternatives? Learning healthier methods of emotional outlets is a good plan as well, such as creative writing or journaling. It may be hard to consider quitting self-harm but I want to remind you that you're worth more than self-harm; you can do this, Alexis!

You can wear arm warmers that go to the elbow. If the weather is hot where you are I am sure you could find arm warmers of a thinner material. A better option is a thick wrist band that is fairly elastic to be able to slide it up just under your elbow. Once it heals you can use scar cream to help reduce the visibility of the scar, and cover the scar with temporary tattoos or concealer.

I understand feeling as though you have to hide it, but I'm wondering if you'd be comfortable talking to your family about your self-harm? You could have their support to help lead you towards recovery, and have less stress trying to hide it when you're casually at home. I know it could be scary to tell someone, especially your family but they're there for you to help you with your struggles and they love you. They wouldn't want you struggling with this alone.

Hope this helped, Alexis! You're more than welcome to message me anytime. Take care and stay strong.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread