TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

One year free soon...how should I celebrate? - June 18th 2017, 07:56 AM

I will be one year sh free August 1st and I can't really think of how I want to celebrate.

This is not the longest I have gone without it but ... I wasn't at a place where I cared to stop...so I never thought I would get here. Also, I kind of thought I would end up going back to self harm after February and I didn't.

Anyway, the first time tried to recover I celebrated my six month anniversary by adopting my kitty and she has become my world. I wouldn't have made it all these years without her.

I don't think anything will compare to that 'reward' and I can't adopt another cat any time soon due to money and .....we already have three and the house would be over run.

So, what are some things I could do?

I love reading...and at the end of August...there is a huge library sale in my town...so I am going to set aside like $40 for that even though it's likely I won't need that. There is a book series that I want ... and if I got all four books on Amazon it would amount to like $40 or $50. But, IDK, is there something else I can do?

I don't have a whole lot of money so I would only want to spend between $50 and $75.

I just...idk...I also know I am posting this relatively early...but I figured I could get myself excited for a 'reward' since I am kind of struggling and do have self harm thoughts.

EDIT: There is also a Harry Potter Paperback box set that I have been eyeing for a while...so I could maybe go with that. It's a special edition and is kind of expensive close to $73 on amazon and $83 on another website.

It looks like this:

Just did some research: I can get the above boxed set at Barnes and Noble for $63.99 and I believe shipping would be free because of how much I would be spending and, also, my boyfriend has membership and someone said that people with a membership get free shipping. So, $63 is right in my price range.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; June 18th 2017 at 08:26 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: One year free soon...how should I celebrate? - June 18th 2017, 02:29 PM

Congratulations! Close to 1 year is amazing!
Kitties rule the world

It is really up to you and what you think you'll enjoy more. Do you read harry potter often or are you interested more in exploring a new series?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: One year free soon...how should I celebrate? - June 18th 2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum View Post
Congratulations! Close to 1 year is amazing!
Kitties rule the world

It is really up to you and what you think you'll enjoy more. Do you read harry potter often or are you interested more in exploring a new series?

I don't read Harry Potter all that often anymore. I reread the first three books all the time but that last four were so big that I haven't re-read them. However, I really would like to re-read them but I'd prefer re-reading the paperback versions. I tried re-reading the hardbacks and ... they are kind of inconvenient to lug around. I also really want this special edition and have for a while. I absolutely love how they make up the Hogwarts Castle on the spine and I think that would be a great addition to my book shelf ( Although, going to have to figure out how to make room)

I really do want the other series I mentioned as well because I have been wanting to dive into it. I have the first two books on my kindle but the books are quite big...and I prefer reading books that are 600+ pages in physical form.

I am planning on setting aside an additional amount of money in July. I think that I will set aside at least $70 but as much as $100. Which should enable me to have enough money in August to buy both the Harry Potter paperback set and the first four books in the series I want.

I will likely go that route but I suppose I was just curious what other people have done to celebrate their recovery.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Re: One year free soon...how should I celebrate? - June 18th 2017, 05:31 PM

The Harry Potter set sounds AMAZINGGGG. Lol I have read the series five times . You could also get a cake. Food is always good.

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: One year free soon...how should I celebrate? - June 18th 2017, 06:55 PM

I think you should definitely buy any books that you really want, it sounds like you'll really enjoy that.

However, I think that in addition to that, you should do something that maybe doesn't cost money. Sometimes the best gifts we're given are handmade and not store bought, so why should a reward to ourselves be treated differently?

Perhaps you could find something to do for yourself that won't cost money.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: One year free soon...how should I celebrate? - June 18th 2017, 10:49 PM

Thank you.

I think I am going to go ahead and get the Harry Potter boxed set and then, if I have the money, I also want to get the paperback copy of the new series I want to read.

This actually is giving me something to look forward too and I think it will help give me reason to avoid cutting since I have been struggling a tad bit.

I am going to go ahead and close the thread.

Closed Thread