TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Relapse... - June 18th 2017, 05:21 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

After a little more than an month of being clean, I relapsed last night. I'm not really sure way, maybe my depression kicked in strong. I scratched from my wrist all the way down to my elbow. Most of them healed but are still puffy, and the others might scar. I have to go out to lunch as it is Father's Day so I have to find a way to hide it from my mom. But yeah, I don't really know what to do. I just don't know why I relapsed all of a sudden, but I kinda feel bad that I did.

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Relapse... - June 18th 2017, 10:54 PM

Hey Sanjana,

Congratulations on being SH free for over a month! It takes some serious strength to get through the urges and so, relapse or not, let yourself feel proud of your achievements. They are worth being proud of.

Recovery is never easy, and most people will tell you that relapses happen. It's a bump in the road. Sometimes it's a really big bump. Sometimes it's more of a mountain. Nonetheless, it's a bump, and you hit it, and that's ok. The fact that you feel bad about it is a good thing because it can remind you that, in the future, SH won't actually help. Perhaps you can make a note of it somewhere you can look at it and remind yourself when the urges come, so that you will know how it feels to have relapsed before. It doesn't make you a failure to have slipped up, so don't let it make you feel like that, but, a simple reminder that it actually didn't make you feel better may deter you from giving in the next time an urge threatens to put a dent in the progress you've been making.

That being said, don't focus too much on the negatives here. A month is still a month, and knowing you have done it before can help push you forward to meet and exceed that goal again. You know now that it's possible, that you can beat this, so let this also motivate you forward. Set yourself a goal if it helps. In a month (or less if you feel like a month is a bit of a stretch), treat yourself to something if you are SH free. Maybe there is a new book or shirt or something you want, and yuo could reward yourself with if you hit your target. That way there is another thing to push towards and a realistic goal that isn't SH based may help you get through this. Let yourself be proud of the small term achievements too. If you've had a rough day and you get through it, remember that! It's strength, and letting yourself be proud may help push you forward too.

I hope you're doing ok. You can do this, ok? Keep fighting.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Re: Relapse... - June 18th 2017, 11:55 PM

Thanks so much for the kind words and support! ❤️❤️

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

Closed Thread