TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amy654 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amy

Unhappy Help - August 6th 2017, 10:25 AM

I have had self harm issues but that doesn't matter at the moment. My sister is potentially suicidel and its very difficult for me to see her like this. I see fresh cuts on her and it breaks my heart. She has stopped eating and her counciling isn't working. My parents think I don't know anything but I know more about it than them. I get nervous in the morning because scared I won't be seeing her alive again. I shove all my problems to the back of my brain but I can feel I will break soon. I don't want to break. Help me please.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Help - August 6th 2017, 10:43 AM

Hello, I'm sorry you've been having such a tough time. In my opinion you need to go to your parents and tell them about how serious the issue is. They may end up having the hospital involved with your sister, and obviously that would anger her but it may be better in the long run. Have you tried talking to her? Maybe opening up about your own self harm would help her confide and identify in you?
Good luck
Pm me if you need to talk.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Re: Help - August 6th 2017, 08:29 PM

Hey There,

It sounds like you're in a rough place, and so is your sister. One thing I've learned is that we can't help others if we can't help ourselves. For example, if I'm struggling with a depressive episode it's really hard for me to help a friend who is going through a rough patch. Either I'm putting my focus on them, and I'm getting worse, or my friend wouldn't be getting my full attention because I can't handle the situation because I'm facing my own hardship.

I think the best thing to do in this situation, especially with how worried you are about your sister is to tell your parents about her. You could potentially even shoot her counselor an e-mail as well and state that you're worried about your sisters state and that she's getting worse instead of better.

I would also talk with your parents about where you are in life and with your self-harm issues. Are they supportive of your sister and trying to be helpful? Do you yourself see a counselor? If not, please do. Counseling can be a game changer in getting better. You just have to find the right fit for you!

I am sorry that you are going through this but you are a very brave person and I believe that you can do this! Stay Strong! If you want to chat, feel free to PM me! <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Re: Help - August 6th 2017, 10:21 PM

Hi! Im sorry about this. I think you might need to tell your parents about whats going on. She might have to be put in a hospital but it could help her in the long run. Stay with her and watch her to make sure she doesn't kill herself. Talk to her, let her know you care. Definitely tell your parents so she can get the help she needs. About your SH, try some alternatives. Hope this helped. Stay strong!!

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

Closed Thread