TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amy654 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amy

I don't even know anymore... - August 15th 2017, 11:38 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I feel like an ungrateful brat. My life is crap at the moment but I know there are so many people worse than me. I used my [edited]to stab myself. I was clean for about 4 months and now I ruined it. I feel like I'm crashing but I also feel that I don't have a right to. My sister is getting worse again so I give her extra hugs incase it's her last. My dad has to change jobs so we can get enough money to fix basic things needed in our house (water, electricity, security) which means we won't be able to see him as much. I'm trying to get a job so I can keep going to my school but my parents insisted I shouldn't worry about that at my age. It sucks but its definitely not the worst thing to happen. Every day I can feel I'm a second closer to cutting again. I really don't want to spiral back into all that crap. I don't know what to do. I guess I will just go by a quote that seems to be relevant.
No matter how you feel. Get up. Dress up. Show up. And never give up.

Last edited by cynefin; August 18th 2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Removing method that could give others ideas.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Re: I don't even know anymore... - August 15th 2017, 04:45 PM

Hey Amy! Thanks for coming to TH about this. I know its hard, but maybe instead of cutting your could try alternatives? Or try to find out what is causkng you to cut, and fix that. Im sorry about your sister, but its good your there for her. Maybe you should get her a therapist? Getting a job is a good way to get your mind off the urges to cut. Stay strong! <lots of hugs>
PM me whenever!
PS: you are not an ungrateful brat. You are struggling. People might have it worse but that doesn't mean your pain is any less valid. Also you might want to take out the part on how you self harm because I think its against Teenhelps Code Of Conduct.

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I don't even know anymore... - August 18th 2017, 11:41 AM

As it has been said you are definitely not an ungrateful brat. I know it is easy to compare yourself to others but know that when you do that, you never really get a fair comparison because everyone's lives and circumstances are so different. What you're feeling and what you're going through is completely valid no matter what other people are dealing with.

You said you hadn't cut in a little while. What has been helping you stay self-harm free for this time? Maybe you could use those same alternatives or look for new ones to keep your mind busy.This thread has many alternatives that you can try if you're interested.

It seems like you're going through a lot at home right now and those things are making you want to self-harm. Maybe you could consider talking to someone you trust so you can get support with how you're feeling. If not, you could blog or journal so you still have an outlet.

If you're struggling with the fear of cutting again, maybe you can tell yourself that you cannot control how you feel but you can control how you react. Meaning, that you may be struggling but you can use different alternatives to try to prevent yourself from self-harming.

You can do this.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread