TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oh, Bother Online
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Anyone have a Reward system? - April 17th 2018, 07:23 AM

SO I was wondering if other people have a reward system for going so long with out self-harming? If so what is the reward and for how long?

So for me when I hit 6 months I got a disney little mermiad inspired semi-colon tattoo.

In 15 days I will be hitting a year and will be getting another tattoo. This one will be the song quote "this is my fight song, take back my life song, prove I'm alright song" with headphones on each side.

My grandma also bought me the girl scout build-a-bear and vest for hitting my one year.

So if you have any I would love to know what they are.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend"
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Anyone have a Reward system? - April 17th 2018, 05:06 PM

I do reward myself. I think it varies and I think, it can be important because it gives me something to look forward too.

When I first stopped cutting I got my cat around the 6 month mark. That was a good reward because having my animal to take care of helped me on some bad days.

Last August was 1 year self harm free and I got myself a Harry Potter box set and a few other book related things. This year I will probably do something at two years. One of the things I want to do is get a tattoo but I have to wait till I get a job. I will probably do something small to reward myself such as buying another Harry Potter box set and a few other book related items. I don't have as solid of a plan this year though and a lot of it will be dependent on if I get a job soon etc.

I think that your rewards of tattoos sound awesome.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Noire Offline
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Anyone have a Reward system? - April 18th 2018, 03:00 AM

Not really. I've always noted significant milestones but I've never rewarded myself for them. I think I'm afraid if I relapse then I will feel guilty for ever rewarding myself and then I'll just want to self-harm even more. I think it's a nice idea, though, and I'm glad to know it works for some people. It's important to do nice things for yourself when you accomplish your goals, especially if those goals are recovery-based.

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: Anyone have a Reward system? - April 19th 2018, 08:51 PM

I think that rewarding yourself is a great idea! I never thought to do so. I always just marked it on the calendar and then started over when I relapsed.

I love the idea of the semi- colon tattoo. I have always wanted one disguised to look like a butterfly.

Great job hitting one year!

I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
LHO|PM|VM
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
Closed Thread