TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DontttSH Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Scars - May 9th 2018, 08:58 PM

I have lots of SH scars on my forearm, I wasn't thinking when I started SH'ing and I did it all on my forearm... How do I get the scars to go away???

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Scars - May 9th 2018, 09:12 PM

Hello,

There are a few things you could try that might help. There are things like bio oil, Maderma, Shea Cocoa butter lotion, coconut oil, Silicone gel sheets, aloe vera and apple cider vinegar. Some people have had really good results with some of these but depending on a few different factors it is possible that these methods will not work as well as it has for others.

Unfortunately, one of the things that leads to scars fading, best, is time. The older scars are the more likely it is that they will fade down a bit. I know that the scars on my arms have gotten better with time. They were pretty deep wounds and while they are still raised and noticeable they look a lot better then they did 2 years ago and I imagine they will look a lot better two years from now.

Wishing you the best and if you need anything feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Scars - May 11th 2018, 04:01 PM

You've been given some lovely ideas above. Besides that, you could try Vitamin E and baking soda (in a scrub-like consistency) aloe, or lemon juice. Maybe you can do some more research on different methods to help with scarring and then decide which one you think will work best for you. Luckily there are a lot of different methods so you have plenty to do trial and error with.

As it was said, time does help too. They will begin to fade on their own eventually but there is no telling how much time that may take.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scars - May 12th 2018, 12:48 AM

I agree, with all of the ideas that were mentioned above. The best option in my oppinion would be just letting them fade on their own or you could try some of the other options listed to see if they are able to help at all.

Closed Thread