TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MMantlo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maddyson

Want to Quit but... - June 21st 2018, 08:10 PM

Alright i want to try to quit since it's coming up to summer and all that but i want to do one thing before i do~Cut Deeper~
Alright so i know this may sound weird but i want to remember this one cut the most but i can't cut that deep anybody know how to cut deep or useful information or tips if so please comment them.
REMEMBER this will be my last time i hope :/

M

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celestial. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Want to Quit but... - June 21st 2018, 08:33 PM

We are not under any circumstances tell you how to harm yourself or give you tips. TeenHelp is strictly for safe actions and about recovery, or supporting others going through a difficult time or attempting recovery.

Why do you want to cut again, if you are not going to do it anymore? Why not just stop now, never cut again? What purpose is cutting one last time going to serve? If you truly want to recover from self-harm, there are other healthier ways to cope with that urge.

I suggest checking out Alternatives, as well as the Code of Conduct.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DanceCommander Offline
Don't Panic
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Want to Quit but... - June 22nd 2018, 03:14 AM

I understand the feeling of wanting to do it one last time. I also understand the feeling of wanting to "remember" cuts (and in addition, in my case, burns). I've self-harmed for these specific purposes before, and you know what? It didn't turn out to be the last time, because psyching myself up for that last time only made the self-harm thoughts more acute in nature. It also made it seem forbidden and that only served to make it more appealing later on (the subconscious is a weird place). I also don't remember a lot of those "memorable" cuts because they build up over time and it's almost impossible to remember them all.

No one here is going to help you cut deeper, regardless of whether or not this is your last time. TeenHelp is not that kind of a community. Do you have a therapist to talk to, or a trusted adult? Sometimes talking about what's driving our urges is a good way to get it out, and get a new perspective on our issues in the process. Have you tried alternatives? It can be a struggle to get used to them at first but by trial and error you can really find ones that work for you. Jenna gave you a link to some of the ones on TeenHelp.

Also, have you heard of DBT (Dialectic Behavior Therapy)? It's a therapy module originally created to help those with Borderline Personality Disorder, but it can really help just about anybody. There are four modules: mindfulness, emotional regulation, interpersonal effectiveness, and distress tolerance. Give it a look; it's interesting stuff, and I know it's saved my life on more than one occasion.

Good luck and PM me if you need anything else.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

~The Chesire Cat to Alice~
  Send a message via Yahoo to DanceCommander  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MMantlo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maddyson

Re: Want to Quit but... - June 22nd 2018, 08:29 PM

The reason why i want to cut again is because i haven't quit and i want my last one to be a bit deeper don't know why it's hard to explain and thanks i understand you can't help with answering my question but thanks anyway

M x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Celestial. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Want to Quit but... - June 22nd 2018, 09:04 PM

I understand where you're coming from, but it's like with any other addiction: you say "oh, just one more then I'll stop!" and days or weeks pass and you get that urge again; whether that be cutting, drugs, alcohol, other behaviors. I would definitely talk to someone about this, such as a trusted adult or a licensed mental health professional.

When we want to give up something, we always say "oh, just one more" and that could last so much longer, or become worse than it already is. Perhaps you can check out the Alternatives page instead, and see what you can do. Or find/form a new, healthy addiction that will take over the urge to cut.

Closed Thread