TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Abbi22702 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abigail

Anyone able to talk? - August 1st 2018, 07:20 PM

I started cutting at 11, stopped after two times, again at 12, but after three times. And now I'm 13 and started self harming again last night. I told myself I deserve, I'm worthless and now I feel the pain other people do when I'm around. I did that again a few minutes ago, and now I feel like crap. But I already know I'm going to do it again, because I am really a weak person. So if anyone is up to talking, I am here.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Anyone able to talk? - August 1st 2018, 09:25 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp.

You said you feel like you deserve the pain among other things. It might help if you try re-framing your thoughts. For instance, instead of saying you deserve the pain, you can say that you and your body deserves kind treatment.

Self-harming doesn't make you a weak person. Things that drive people to self-harm on top of the urge to self-harm can be very intense. After all, self-harm is a coping mechanism. It is not a healthy one but it is one that many people use.

Do you know why you stopped self-harming before? What did you do to stop? What helped? If you want to try to stop again, maybe you can try what helped you before to see if it still helps currently.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SerenitysAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anyone able to talk? - August 1st 2018, 09:29 PM

Hey, i'd love to talk when you have the time. I've struggled with self harm for a very long time. I want you to remember that your not weak, nobody deserves to feel like they need to hurt themself, you are not worthless and no matter what happens your not alone.

When I'm alone, I think; when I think, I remember; when I remember, I cry; when I cry, I can't stop; so don't leave me alone

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Abbi22702 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anyone able to talk? - August 2nd 2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynefin View Post
Welcome to TeenHelp.

You said you feel like you deserve the pain among other things. It might help if you try re-framing your thoughts. For instance, instead of saying you deserve the pain, you can say that you and your body deserves kind treatment.

Self-harming doesn't make you a weak person. Things that drive people to self-harm on top of the urge to self-harm can be very intense. After all, self-harm is a coping mechanism. It is not a healthy one but it is one that many people use.

Do you know why you stopped self-harming before? What did you do to stop? What helped? If you want to try to stop again, maybe you can try what helped you before to see if it still helps currently.

Hey. Just now got your reply, sorry. I stopped because both times my sister noticed. I did not want to, and I was still pulling my hair, hitting myself and scratching myself. She told me she would tell my mom if I did not stop. So I did. But I am hiding it better this time. Thanks for the advice!!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Abbi22702 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anyone able to talk? - August 2nd 2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenitysAngel View Post
Hey, i'd love to talk when you have the time. I've struggled with self harm for a very long time. I want you to remember that your not weak, nobody deserves to feel like they need to hurt themself, you are not worthless and no matter what happens your not alone.
I have time whenever actually. Just not too late at night (Around 12:30) because I try and turn my phone off, because I don't sleep well if I don't.

Closed Thread