TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CelestislOceans Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Relapse - December 6th 2018, 03:38 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, I've been struggling with self-harm for a couple months now, and I had a bad relapse just a day ago, and tonight I have a chorus concert to attend, and the outfit that we must wear is short sleeved. I cut on my lower arms, and the cuts are still bright red and very noticeable. Quite a few people know that I self-harm, but not everyone does. Is there a way that I can cover these up quickly? I have some foundation for my face makeup, but people have told me that it's unsafe for fresh cuts. So is there anything else that I can do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Average Joe

Re: Relapse - December 6th 2018, 04:46 PM

Can you wear another shirt? Can you wear a sweater until you go on stage to limit the time people might see it? Unless you put on long gloves or wrap something around your arms, I am not sure what else to suggest.

Also, have you considered group therapy, support groups, and / or individual therapy? If you're not already doing this, I would recommend it in order to improve your mental state that leads to self harm

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Relapse - December 6th 2018, 04:53 PM

I think you idea of foundation makeup might work to lessen the visibility. I would try that. I would also agree that therapy of any kind would help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Luminescence. Offline
Articles Writer
Average Joe

Name: Jenna

Re: Relapse - December 6th 2018, 10:30 PM

Latte provided some good ideas in regards to wearing a long-sleeve shirt or wrapping something around your wrists. You could also wear some loose bracelets, so that way the cut(s) won't be as visible when you're up on stage.

Have you ever looked into counseling or reaching out to a trusted adult for support? I think it's so important to have a support system, which will make overcoming your urges and begin recovery so much easier.

Best of luck!