TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cielicc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: georgia

why? - April 28th 2019, 08:44 PM

why cant I stop hurting I don't even know why im sad I just am
howdo I get it to go away?
I just keep cutting,cutting and cutting ive gone onto using a knife my arm is bandaged up right now.

i just want to stop hurting .i found something but ive go a few friends who every time i bring it up their just like shut up find some thing new and it makes it even worse.

but they dont even notice because i just keep smiling.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Recommencer Offline
Articles Writer
Average Joe

Name: Kylie

Re: why? - May 5th 2019, 11:32 PM

Hi Georgia,

First, I'm sorry that it's taken so long for you to get a response. It sounds like you're going through a very hard time night now and could use some support. This is a very difficult place to be in.

It must be hard to have your friends react that way; this is a very real problem and one that deserves to be taken seriously. Your safety and well-being are of utmost importance! I know you said that you want to stop hurting and "get it to go away," and I'm wondering if you have thought about confiding in a trusted adult such as a teacher or guidance counselor. Although this can be incredibly scary, these people can help you get the help that you need to deal with everything you're going through right now. You don't have to put on a brave face and pretend that you're okay when you're not; there are people who want to know how you're doing and who care about your well-being.

You say that you don't know why you are sad. That's okay - people don't always have a reason for feeling sad, but it doesn't make what you're going through any less significant. It sounds like right now you're feeling sad most of the time, which is a sign that you might be suffering from depression. Although I can't diagnose you, I would encourage you to reach out to someone who can help so that you can get the treatment that you need in order to feel better.

Please don't hesitate to let us know what we do to support you in this. If you have any questions about the process of reaching out and getting help, I'm more than happy to answer them for you! I want to make sure that you get what you need right now. Feel free to PM me if that would make you more comfortable.

Please take care of yourself.

All the best,
Kylie

Last edited by Recommencer; May 6th 2019 at 11:41 AM.

Closed Thread