TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Michaela

Unhappy Started again :( - May 15th 2019, 08:02 AM

I have started self harming again after going through a rough patch. I am so ashamed and upset with myself for doing it again. My ex came back into my life after a few months. Said he wanted to get back with me, I was a fool to trust him, he just wanted me for sex and turns out he already had a girlfriend so he cheated. Once a cheat always a cheat, I should have learnt the first time but its difficult when you still have strong feelings for someone. This time is the last time I am taking him back.
I feel so ashamed for self harming, I just want to be happy but things just keep going downhill at the moment and its getting hard to cope with without self harming.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Started again :( - May 19th 2019, 03:05 PM

Sorry to hear that you have started self-harming again. It makes sense that you would feel upset and ashamed about this, but remember that we all slip up and relapse at times and it's okay. What matters is getting through the relapse, so please don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm really sorry to hear about your ex. You weren't a fool. When we have strong feelings for someone, it can definitely cloud our judgement, but that doesn't make us foolish. It makes us human. In fact, if your ex comes back again, he will be the foolish one thinking that you will take him back, as it sounds like you've made up your mind. You deserve healthy relationships, not to be used for sex or to be someone's choice when it comes to cheating.

It makes sense that when things get difficult you would turn to self-harm. Do you have anyone you can talk to? It can be good to lean on others for emotional support during difficult times. Also, if you haven't already, you might want to check out our alternatives resource for ideas on how to cope when the urge to self-harm appears.

You deserve to be happy, and I'm sure you will be in time

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!