TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
skaftw Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i started again, and its worse - January 16th 2009, 03:33 PM

i just came rly close to cutting myself badly, idk maybe some people remember me, i hav to use a dif name now, i was paul012 but b4 break i thought i was better, that i had enough support to quit for good, i had friends who were helping me quit burning, but after break life gave me a big smack in the face, but i had thrown away my lighters, but i had a razor in a firstaid kit, so i started cutting, and everytime after i cut i told myself "i wont do this again, i just need it right now" but it kept happening, and i dont kno if i can stop now, my friends kno i do it, but we r all having a rough time, and noone can help anyone, im afraid i will trigger my friends, so i turned to TH again, its been a long time since i last quit, and i quit for awhile, but now i cant remember how to stop, i kno this feeling, iv had it b4, i just didnt think id hav it again, this is half a rant, and half asking for advice, both for myself, and i also want to help my friends.

~p@ul

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NEVERSHOUTNEVER<3
Average Joe

Re: i started again, and its worse - January 16th 2009, 08:33 PM

=/...well hey paul...well i know how yer feeling..nd it sucks...most ppl dont know how addicting cutting gets...nd well..now yooh feed off of that pain...instead of burning-.-
its gunna take some time to get recovered from cutting....im still trying-.-
its not something easy...but if yooh ever need nything...you could PM me or w/e
b.c ive been threw it so ill try my hardest to help yooh=D
~xocassiexo~

how stubborn are the scars when they wont fade away..or just a gentle reminder that now are better days
<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
skaftw Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i started again, and its worse - January 17th 2009, 09:18 AM

thnx, im trying mostly for my friends, they cut too and if they find out how bad iv been cutting idk wat they'l do, and i cant help them when im not doing good either, but ya i kno its hard, it took me awhile to stop burning, and now i guess il just start over again =/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: i started again, and its worse - January 17th 2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaftw View Post
thnx, im trying mostly for my friends, they cut too and if they find out how bad iv been cutting idk wat they'l do, and i cant help them when im not doing good either, but ya i kno its hard, it took me awhile to stop burning, and now i guess il just start over again =/
Paul, I'm going to be horribly blunt with you. I hope that it helps you, because being blunt is sometimes what people need. You can not get better until you focus on yourself. You can't try to save your friends. You need to take time out for you so you can get better. You are fine to try to support each other, but this has to be a two-way thing. You can't handle all of their problems, plus your own. They can be a great support system if you can vent back and forth. Some people just can't handle other people's issues, even hearing about them in the slightest way. If you can't handle things, you need to learn to ask them to stop talking about it so you can take care of you. In the end you are no good to them if you are cutting, especially if it is related to added stress because of them.

Paul, you have managed to stop burning but it seems like you've just traded it for another form of SH. However, you can stop cutting as well. Just apply the things you used for stopping burning to your cutting and I'm sure with time that you will do well. You just need to take things one day at a time and focus on stopping. Use your alternatives, you've got this under control. I know you can do this.

--A

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: i started again, and its worse - January 17th 2009, 11:17 AM

I'm going to have to agree with Amanda here. You have to help yourself first, before you can help others. When you yourself have stopped, it's so much easier to help others because you can give firsthand advice that works for you. If you haven't stopped, that advice is basically hypocritical.

I had three or four friends who dabbled in self-injury, and it stressed me out to have to deal with their problems as well as mine. I finally put them aside and dealt with it on my own, as have they. It's so much easier to deal with your own problems when you don't have the added stress of your friends' issues as well.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened that made you want to hurt yourself? Maybe if you worked through the underlying cause of your SH, it'll be easier for you to quit.

My PM box is always open if you need to talk. (:

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

Closed Thread