TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Doing Games - January 18th 2009, 03:54 PM

Okay well I started doing games again but thing is I self harmed recently, for the first time in a while. I have a very noticeable cut on my leg and there's no way people aren't going to realise what it is.

Okay so last week I managed to get out of games by hiding in the library but the teacher told the librarian not to let anyone from games go in there this week. I'm not ready to tell any teachers about my SH, my parents know but I didn't come out and tell them. I need an excuse that's guaranteed to get me out of games without having to explain about SH.

Can anyone help? Quickly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Doing Games - January 18th 2009, 07:32 PM

Cara, you aren't going to like me for saying this but I'm not going to give you an excuse to get out of games. If I gave you an excuse it would enable you to continue to cut and continue to get out of games. That isn't something that you want to do. I'm not here to enable you, I'm here to help you.

I personally think that you should use band aids or some sort of bandage to cover up the cut. If anyone asks about it, you can either tell the truth or say that you had an accident. There are plenty of reasons that you can come up with, I'm sure.

I really think that you should talk to someone about your cutting Cara. You really need to let them know what is going on so you can seek help for this if you wish. It would make your recovery a lot easier if you would talk to someone about how you are feeling. Talking can make things so much better. If cutting is getting to the point where it is making you stop doing things you love, like games, then you really need to think about your situation and what you should do . You can't keep cutting, that won't get you anywhere.

Cutting is an addiction Cara. I'm sure you know that. You can beat this however. Using things like alternatives can help you through this. You really should talk to someone about this and seek the help that you need. If you ever want to talk to someone online, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to chat with you anytime.

--A

(#3 (permalink)) Old
abbyxoxo95 Offline
Abby
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: abby

Re: Doing Games - January 18th 2009, 07:38 PM

First of all nobody can tell you what to do but self harming is not the right thing to do at all you need to find another outlet for you problems. You could talk to a counselor they don't judge and they are sworn to cofidentiality. Believe me that is the way to let it out not harming yourself which could be potentialy fatal. please talk to someone because you need to let someone know that you are in trouble and need help.
  Send a message via AIM to abbyxoxo95  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Doing Games - January 19th 2009, 05:18 AM

I'm not going to SH again I just need an excuse so I can get out of games until it's healed.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Doing Games - January 19th 2009, 05:26 AM

you say your parents know about it, is there any way you could get them to write you a note to get you out of it?
at my school if you're in year 10 or 11 then games is optional so i haven't had this problem for a while but have certainly had to dish out my fair share of excuses in the past.
it sounds like you're going to try and stop your self harming so i don't see anything wrong with using an excuse just until its healed to avoid added stress that you don't need.
other than that all i can say if tell them that you're not feeling well.. if you have an understanding PE teacher they should be alright with letting you miss it, or just go to the school nurse.
also, couldn't you just wear tracksuit trousers, it is winter after all and i doubt anyone would think anything of it?

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Doing Games - January 19th 2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Ghost View Post
I'm not going to SH again I just need an excuse so I can get out of games until it's healed.
Cara, you say you aren't going to SH again but how do we know that? You can have good intentions and not plan on cutting again, but stuff happens. If we give you an excuse, we will be enabling you. We will be allowing you to get away with cutting, to get out of games. If games is school related, then we definitely can't give you an excuse to get out of that because it is against the rules. Giving you an excuse sounds like something that you need, but it isn't. It isn't something that we can give you here. TeenHelp is not about enabling someone to cut, it's not about providing excuses, it is about providing help.

--A

Closed Thread