TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
\m/^^\m/
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Montana

Angry ....Shit - July 29th 2009, 07:15 PM

6 monthes, SIX FRIGGIN Monthes and it went out the door...I'm such a fuck up...I'm so angry with myself...i thought I could get over this, these urges..then it all back fired in my face...DAMN IT!!!!

" Be the Change You Wish To See In The World "
" What If I stumble, What if I fall..."
"Cause you're all that I want,you're I need. You;re EVERYTHING..."
"There's a light att the end of this tunnel"
"Take my hand let me learn from my heartache"
"...I dance for you Jesus..."
Keep Holding on there Cupcake your Freakin special To me.
  Send a message via AIM to NotGivingUpYet93  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Staceyanne Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: ....Shit - July 29th 2009, 07:52 PM

Hey Montana, youdone good! 6 months is a long long time, so congrats on that, but dont worry about it, even the best of us fall off the wagon. You just have to take it on the chin, and start again. You shouldn't be angry with yourself. Feel free to message me if you have any problems with this. I'll be glad to help.
Take care
x
  Send a message via AIM to Staceyanne Send a message via MSN to Staceyanne  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Anya_Bananya Offline
Not Your Average Bananna
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anna

Re: ....Shit - July 29th 2009, 08:03 PM

I too wanna congratulate you on going 6 months....that's a tough feat to have accomplished. And no, it's not all down the toilet...think of the last six months as weight training. It has strenghtened your will power (like lifting weights strengthens your muscles) so that now you can go even longer becasue you are stronger.

If I counted up all the times i have gone 6 months (or more, or less) and then slipped up, well, it would take a really long time to list. But i keep going, and you can too. Someday, all the practice and training you've put it, will make you strong enough to resist the urge no matter how strong it gets.

If you can turn each seamingly bad situation into a posative lesson to be learned or into something, anything posative, it'll help you're willpower to strengthen. Think posativly, good things will happen.

Good luck and if ya needa talk, I'm here!

~Anna~

"Every day is new, there are no mistakes in it yet." - Miss Stacy, Anne of Green Gables

"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide" -Garth Brooks
  Send a message via AIM to Anya_Bananya Send a message via Yahoo to Anya_Bananya Send a message via Skype™ to Anya_Bananya 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: ....Shit - July 29th 2009, 08:35 PM

woah woah woah,
don't be so hard on yourself.
you went six months!
congratulations!!
i can barely make it a month.
you just gotta stay focused.
it's alright to have to start over.
sometimes you just need that last time.
maybe this is your last time.
you can keep going clean from now on.
forgive yourself, and get another six months!
keep trying!
we all have faith in you.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: ....Shit - July 29th 2009, 09:45 PM

I just wanted to say how amazing 6 months without self harm is! That is such a huge achievement and you should be so proud! You can stop; you have already proven that by not self harming for 6 months. You have only slipped up and slip ups are part of recovery. They happen to most people when they are trying to stop self harming. I think the important thing here is you learn from the slip up and don't beat yourself up about it. You have slipped up and you can't change that now so you have to focus on the things you can change. Just remember that no one can ever take away the fact that you went 6 months without self harm. You can stop so keep trying and don't give up. If you need anything then I am here

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ladyninetyfour Offline
<3 Utterly Invincible <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bex

Re: ....Shit - July 31st 2009, 04:18 PM

That's amazing, that you went so long without self harm. But don't beat yourself up about relapsing. The best of us do it. It doesn't mean you're a screw up. It's like hurdles, you're gonna fall over a few of them to begin with, but in the end you'll learn how to jump over even the highest ones.
much luv
feel free to PM me any time
Bex

Where there's love, there's hope
You cannot destroy me!
xoxox PunkRoxS9 xoxox

Last SH: 03/08/09
  Send a message via MSN to ladyninetyfour  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Re: ....Shit - July 31st 2009, 08:38 PM

Hey Montana,

6 months self harm free is SUCH an achievement. It really, really is. Each day, week and month that you manage to be self harm free is something to be proud of. I know that from personal experience, when you end up self harming, it's easy to feel that the time you managed to be self harm free for doesn't count any more. This isn't true! You said you went 6 months without self harming. Just think about how long that is for a moment. That's an achievement which nothing can take away. You've proved that you can cope for that long without hurting yourself, and if you learn something from your relapse, hopefully you can go for even longer next time. Slip ups aren't the end of the world and DO happen in recovery. Recovery isn't a simple or easy process and there might be bumps along the way. What matters is that you try and pick yourself up from this and keep trying. You can't change what happened in the past, that's true, but you can try to do things differently from now on. What matters now is what you do after this slip up.

I believe you can come back stronger from this. Keep trying and don't give up. Things will get better. Don't be afraid to lean on those around you for support, as well. Support is vital in recovery and you have nothing to lose by reaching out.

I hope things look up for you. Take care.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SaveMe Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Natasha

Re: ....Shit - August 2nd 2009, 05:55 AM

Hey, don't be so hard on yourselF Six months is amazing. There is so many people out there that can barely make it a single day. First I should start off with even though I don't know you I'm proud of you. 6 months is a big deal. Don't let one slip stop you, keep going you can do it!
  Send a message via AIM to SaveMe  
Closed Thread