TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fallen fairy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fairy

concellor - January 19th 2009, 11:11 AM

so this can kinda go under self harm and rape/abuse but as i'm going to see the concellor because i self harm i guess it should be here...if not feel free to move me

so yeah i'm going to see a concellor for the first time tomorrow about self harming and stuff and i really really haven't got a clue what to say ... and i guess i just wanted some maybe advice?

i want the help i really really do i want to get better i want to stop doing this i want to stop hurting everyone, but telling a total stranger everything? and wensday is 3 years since the really bad thing that started it super majorly i'm just not sure what to say..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: concellor - January 19th 2009, 11:35 AM

Hey there, Fiona. It's great that you're reaching out for help. It's a scary first step, but getting professional help can really help you in the long run.

Don't worry about what you're going to say. Your counselor will ask you questions...all you have to do is answer. It's their job to make you comfortable, and to help you open up. You don't have to spill everything on your first visit...you're allowed to get to know them first.

If you're nervous or afraid, let your counselor know. She (he) will work with you, and help ease your nerves. I was shaking and on the verge of tears my first visit...my therapist got out art supplies and let me color, and we just talked about normal things, like things I like and such.

It's going to feel weird and be sort of awkward at first. That's okay--it's like this for everyone. Just take a deep breath, and just let your counselor do the talking in the beginning.

Good luck, and take care. <3

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
love__me Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rachel Sanders

Re: concellor - January 19th 2009, 02:17 PM

I was scared, too. My therapist that i saw (even if it was for two sessions) was really nice to me. She didn't make me talk about anything I didn't want to. I was apart of a group type thing at my school, it helped me. Do you think that could be a option for you? I found it more comfortable talking with teenagers my own age.

You are beautiful just the way you are.
Looking like a fallen star.
Don't listen to what people say.
They don't know the real you, anyways.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
fallen fairy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: concellor - January 19th 2009, 03:54 PM

no, i really really don't want a group thing at all i can barely deal with the idea of talking to one person lol

but thank you for the reasuring words

(#5 (permalink)) Old
fallen fairy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: concellor - January 20th 2009, 05:47 AM

okay so i did it, i went i talked and really seriously anyone who's worried but possibly considering doing it it really really is worth it, i have never felt this maybe liberated and hopeful the hopefullness is amazing

so yeah anyone who is worried and thinking about talking to some one i really really would recommend it feel free to pm and i'll give more details about it all

(#6 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: concellor - January 21st 2009, 05:16 PM

That is really good that you found the courage to go! So many people wouldn't be able to do that so you should be realy proud of yourself. I wish you all the best with it and I hope it helps :-)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: concellor - January 21st 2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen fairy View Post
okay so i did it, i went i talked and really seriously anyone who's worried but possibly considering doing it it really really is worth it, i have never felt this maybe liberated and hopeful the hopefullness is amazing

so yeah anyone who is worried and thinking about talking to some one i really really would recommend it feel free to pm and i'll give more details about it all
Fiona, I read your thread earlier but never replied because I've never talked to anyone about my issues personally so I couldn't really give you first hand advice on that subject. I'm so glad that things have worked out for you. I hope that you continue to see your counselor and that you get the help that you need.

--A

Closed Thread