TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Harriet

I failed. - July 31st 2009, 04:48 PM

That's it, I failed. I kinda knew I would eventually though.
I achieved 2 weeks, whoop dee doo. For all you out there who have managed to stop, or have stopped for a while, I admire your strength, and I hope that someday I might be able to follow your example.
I posted this because I wanted to tell someone, and failed when I got to s & a in chat, not sure why, I was probably too ashamed or in denial.

I'm never going to be free of this, so why bother trying?
(btw, sorry if you've wasted your time reading my self-indulgence, I know feeling sorry for myself is not an option)
ah well, onwards and upwards

I hope for nothing
I fear nothing
I am free
  Send a message via MSN to rat  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I failed. - July 31st 2009, 05:06 PM

Hey Harriet,

You haven't failed at all. 2 weeks is a great achievement and no one can take away the fact you went 2 weeks without self harm. You will be able to stop but it might just take time. It can take many attempts to stop but you will get there eventually so keep trying. Slip ups are part of recovery and what really matters is how you move on after slipping up. There is no point in beating yourself up about it because you can't change that you have self harmed now. But you can change how you deal with the urges in the future.

Does anyone know about your self harm? It might help to talk to someone who you trust like a friend, family member or doctor.

You can stop self harming so don't let this set you back. Stay strong

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I failed. - July 31st 2009, 06:34 PM

Hey there Harriet.

Everything that Jen has just said is true. You havn't failed. You went two weeks! Thats a great success and you can do it again. Well all have to work towards stopping altogether. It doesnt just happen it takes time, but you are trying and thats great.

If you ever go into chat wanting to talk to someone but dont feel you can, feel free to talk to me if im in there or PM anytime okay. I would love to be there when you need someone

Take Care

Jess <3

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: I failed. - July 31st 2009, 06:57 PM

im glad you could go to weeks.
this only makes it easier when you stop again.
knowing that you went that far will push you to going farther and farther.
dont give you can beat this addiction.
just a minor setback is all.

surround yourself with positive and supportive people this will help you alot.

good luck!
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Re: I failed. - July 31st 2009, 07:24 PM

Hey Harriet,

I don't think you've 'failed' at all. When you end up self harming, it's easy to feel that the weeks you managed to be self harm free for don't count any more. This isn't true! You said you went two weeks without self harming, that's an achievement which nothing can take away. You've proved that you can cope for that long without hurting yourself, and if you learn something from your relapse, hopefully you can go for even longer next time. So don't beat yourself up about it too much. Relapses are do happen in recovery. You can't change what's already happened in the past, that's true, but you can, however do things differently from now on. What matters here and now is what you do after this relapse.

Do you have anyone in real-life who you can talk to about things? A friend, trusted adult or a counselor? I think support is vital in recovery, and I think you have nothing to lose by reaching out to people about things. Consider reaching out to someone if you haven't already, yeah? You're worthy of help and support, remember that. Things can always get better.

If you need to talk, my PM box is always open. Take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: I failed. - July 31st 2009, 08:25 PM

You didn't fail at all. You lasted 2 weeks which is a good achievement but we all make mistakes and slip up, that doesn't mean we've failed. We just pick ourselves up and try again. If you made it 2 weeks and I believe you can make it more. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to x

Closed Thread