TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Exclamation Two Years. - August 12th 2009, 01:33 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Its been Two years, and apart from the occasional urge, everything was fine, but now its back. Its worse than when i was doing it before, i dont know if i can stop myself this time.. Iwontdoit.iwontdoit.iwontdoit.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: Two Years. - August 12th 2009, 02:22 PM

It's so great that you've been able to make it two years. That's such a huge accomplishment. Keep telling yourself you won't do it, because you don't need it. I'm sure you don't want to relapse after so long, and just think of how frustrated you'd feel if you did now after all your hard work. It's not worth the frustration and anger. You've been strong enough to make it this long, and you're strong enough to keep going. Good luck and PM me if you need anything.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Two Years. - August 12th 2009, 03:49 PM

I'm so impressed! Two years is so hard to do! You are certainly in the road to recovery!

What is making you feel like you want to cut? Have you considered talking to anyone about it?

Think back to when you were doing it, remember how hard it was to stop? Summers? Also if you did, having to hide them from your friends and family?

Your a very strong person, and you can get through the urges. Just keep believing in yourself! I know you can do it!

PM me if you need anything
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: Two Years. - August 14th 2009, 06:21 AM

Two years IS such a very long time to stop self-injuring; be proud of it! Don't think of it as, "Two years and I blew it!" Think of it as, "Two years is amazing! I am powerful! I can do anything!"

You relapsed - it's going to happen. Sometimes, it will be pretty severe. What you have to remember, though, is the goal on the horizon to get well again. I'm sure you have a lot of things that you'd like to accomplish in your lifetime, and self-injury has no place mingling with them. You are definitely strong enough to quit again - keep your friends and family close and gather support around you. You can do it!
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Two Years. - August 14th 2009, 09:03 AM

Hey,

Two years is such a great accomplishment and you can make it through these urges. I know it may be hard but you can do it!

I was wondering if there is anything in particular going on that is causing you to want to self-harm? If so do you think you could talk to someone about it? Talking can really help with the urges especially when you are talking about things that are bothering you.

Do you have a therapist, a friend or a family member you could talk to? If not have you considered calling a hotline? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/) The people at the hotlines are really great to talk to and they really do care. Do you think you could give it a try?

Another thing that you could try is the alternatives (http://forums.teenhelp.org/f12-self-harm/t9418-alternatives-self-harm/) they can be really helpful when if comes to beating an urge. One thing I wanted to remind you of is that sometimes your body rebels against the alternatives but don't give up on them because they can work.

Something else that might help you beat these urges is journaling. Journaling is another great way to get all your pent up emotions out in a positive way. I know jouranaling has helped me on a number of occasions. If you don't feel that you can journal privately you could always use teenhelps blog or you could write down your thoughts and feelings on a piece of paper and then rip it up when you are done. It just really helps to get whats bothering you out of your system; do you think you could give it a try?

Please hang in there and you can definitely beat this. If you ever want to talk feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread