TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
angie4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angie

my dream that I had last night - August 13th 2009, 02:19 AM

Las night I had this dream. Its about self harm but its not bad in any way. The dreams starts with me walking through this dark place, I have no idea where. And this guy approaches me and asks me what I am doing, and where I am going. I dont know this guy but he seems to know to me and there is just this automatic trust which is really cool. So I tell him that I am looking for a doctor, some medical attention because im looking to get rid of my scars. My scars in my dream where black, like permant black. And the guy was like ok, yeah no problem, let me take you to this place. So we walked to some place with running water and he washes it and it goes away, like magic. And he likes ok how was that? And I was like ok, thanks?! I didnt know what to say because it was so weird. And he was like ok well now that we got that done lets keep going. So I was like ok. And we started walking and then I stopped and I was like wait a minute you only got some of my scars, you didnt get all of them. And he was like, o you have more? And I was like yeah and when I looked the rest of my scars were kinda there but they werent permant black looking. And he was like Angie you cant heal all your scars at once, its something that is going to happen over time. Eventually you will come to a time where you wont have any scars or anything but until that time I want to be able to help you find what you are looking for. And I was just like ok because I didnt know what else to say. And so we continued walking and thats pretty much how it ended. =]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: my dream that I had last night - August 13th 2009, 05:06 AM

That's kind of a really cool dream.
Maybe it means that "time heals all wounds" sort of thing you know? Telling you that things will get better over time and not to worry?
I find this to be really fascinating.

I once had a dream that my scars were glowing bright orange, and I was trying to hide it from my mum who was sleeping right next to me. It was odd. but still.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
angie4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my dream that I had last night - August 15th 2009, 12:25 AM

I think the guy was my guardian and I think that he was trying to get me to realize the severity of my self harm and the importance of moving forward in life. Because my scars were black I was self concious and for the first time took it seriously and was aware of the real truth about self harm.

Bright orange scars? that must have been cool! and also weird that you were trying to hide them from your mom who was right there.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Whaaatever Offline
Average Joe

Re: my dream that I had last night - August 15th 2009, 12:30 AM

That's a cool dream. I don't SH myself, but I just found that awesome. Kind of thing you'd expect to read in a book or something, real nice. :]

(#5 (permalink)) Old
angie4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my dream that I had last night - August 17th 2009, 03:09 AM

yeah the dream was really cool! and I think its cool that you dont sh, and whatever you do dont ever start.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: kaylyn

Re: my dream that I had last night - August 19th 2009, 12:24 AM

That's a really cool dream! Plus, it really makes sense. For both emotional and physical scars, they can't all be healed at once.

I would recommend writing out this dream. It sounds like something that would be really cool when written out with detail and everything.

-Kaylyn

I need you Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?

el rescate no es un mito
  Send a message via AIM to rescueisnotamyth  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: my dream that I had last night - August 19th 2009, 12:54 AM

I'm with Kaylyn here, I think it would be a neat idea to write out this dream. It seems as though it could progress into something.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: my dream that I had last night - August 20th 2009, 08:15 AM

Yeah, that dream's super cool! I usually have dreams about my scars, but it's more like everybody in the world(like even people I've never heard of) finds out I cut or something. They're really scary, but yours was SO cool, I loved it.

Closed Thread