TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Unhappy GAH . - August 14th 2009, 04:38 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I gave up on glue.
Using it as an alternative did work at first, but now everything is just too much.
So, hewrrro new cuts and burns. Enjoy turning into scars.
I can't tell the person I'm supposed to 'cause they'll just get angry at me.
So again, I'll keep this a secret from everyone else.
Besides you on TH 'cause you aren't going to tell me what a pathetic waste I am.
Though I know what I am.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: GAH . - August 14th 2009, 04:57 AM

Hey there,

You are not a pathetic waste and whoever has/would tell you that is very very wrong. Everyone on this planet has a purpose if they didn't they probably wouldn't have been born; you are no different. And, you and I have talked a few times and you seem like a pretty cool person and if you are a 'cool' person you cannot be a pathetic waste.

I am glad you tried some alternatives but sometimes you have to try more than one alternative. The thing is your body starts to rebel against the alternatives and if you give up you are letting the cutting win and the cutting doesn't deserve to win, you deserve to win. So, please try some different alternatives; try reading or writing or drawing...the list goes on and on just don't give up on the alternatives working for you.

Who is this person you would tell? Do you think they would get angry or do you think they would be more upset because you are hurting yourself and there is nothing they can do to make you feel better? Sometimes people feel bad when the people they care about are hurting and they think there is nothing they can do to make it better but that doesn't mean they will get mad.

If talking to this person really isn't an option I understand but what about a your therapist or something? I know it can be hard to let people in on this little secret because we don't know how they are going to respond but keeping it all to yourself is no good because it just builds up and pent up emotions have to come out some way, right? And, one way those pent up feelings might come out is through cutting or burning and you don't need to do that to yourself, you deserve so much better, so talk to someone and let them know what you are feeling.

If there is no one in your 'real' life you can talk to then definitely come on here and talk to someone. Go into the chat, use helplink, Livehelp, or keep on using the forums but definitely keep on talking because talking does help. And, you can always pm me.

I hope this helped and please hang in there.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: GAH . - August 14th 2009, 06:16 AM

Nobody is a pathetic waste of time; we are all alive for a reason. You need to start recognizing how completely worthwhile you are - you deserve happiness; you can't give up! The important thing is to keep trying - if glue didn't work for you, find something else that will. Maybe write a poem or use a rubber band on your wrist?

As far as the person who will get angry with you, maybe you should talk to them. Tell them that you need their support, love and care instead of anger. Sometimes, people get angry when they don't understand something; I doubt they're angry at you. Perhaps they're just really frustrated with the situation as a whole. It's easy to get frustrated when you see an amazing person hurting themselves, for example.

If they continue to get angry, find someone else who won't. Sometimes you will open up to people, and they will let you down. You can't let that stop you from opening up altogether, however. Keep trying, and you will find someone who will love you unconditionally and give you their support.

I am always here if you want to message me. I will respond and help you in the best ways that I can.

Best of luck,
Marlie
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
Closed Thread