TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Again. - August 14th 2009, 11:00 PM

Did it again!

I am so effin stupid!

I really need help!!

"Aww How Sweet!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: Again. - August 15th 2009, 07:00 AM

The important thing to remember is not to get yourself down when you self-injure. Relapsing is NOT going to change your self-worth in the least bit - you are still going to remain a beautiful, intelligent person no matter what.
Try feeding yourself more positive messages every day; I know it's difficult, but instead of criticizing yourself, tell yourself you're beautiful once or twice a day. It can end up making a big difference in your self-esteem, which in the end can help you battle self-injury a little better.
I'm sure you have support all around you, also. Maybe you haven't told a lot of people, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. If you open up to a few friends, a counselor at school or even some friends on teen help, you would probably be surprised. There is love all around you! I believe everyone on teen help believes you can beat self harm and we are all here to help when you need it!
Please, see about speaking to a counselor at your school, maybe? Find the will to get better - you DESERVE to be happy. You DESERVE not to hurt.
Message me anytime.
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Again. - August 15th 2009, 08:23 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you relapsed but you are not stupid at all. You know, cutting is a hard thing to battle with and sometimes we fall down but the important thing is to pick yourself up.

Instead of calling yourself names why don't you try saying something like "I had a relapse but I can start over and do better this time." Because you can and will do better. It can take a while to get over cutting but it can and will happen you just have to keep fighting. And, it seems like you want to fight this and that is a really good thing. You should be proud of yourself for trying to fight this addiction.

If you want some help in fighting SH take a look at the alternatives(http://forums.teenhelp.org/f12-self-harm/t9418-alternatives-self-harm/). They can be really helpful when it comes to fighting the urge and some of the things are kind of fun to do.

Another thing you could try doing is calling a hotline (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/). The hotlines give you someone to talk to and the people are pretty nice. It always helps to have someone help you through the urge.

If you have someone in 'real' life you could talk to (a parent, a friend, a cousin, or another trusted adult) you could give that a try as well. I know it is hard to talk to people but talking really can help.

Please hang in there and you can beat this. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Re: Again. - August 15th 2009, 01:54 PM

Thanks.

I can talk to my friend I have done before but she'll be so disappointed in me and thats the least I want to do is put her down about it.

I checked the alternatives forum which helped a little, I managed to keep it up for a short-term period. But it just became so stressful and hard.

I'll do my best, and thank you. I really appreciate replies.

"Aww How Sweet!"

Closed Thread