TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

The urge won last night. - August 18th 2009, 03:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ok so all day I had been feeling really depressed as a result I did nothing productive. I just watched TV and wen on the computer.
My parents and sister where argueing on and off all day because ym sister As (year 12) results are coming out on thur and all the talk about them and universities was stressing them all out.

Then my parents shouted at me saying I was stupid and shouldn't bring my bad mood down on the house all the time and dad told me to stop making mum tired , stressed and ill.
My sister then told me to go away and get a life.

By this point I loathed myself and the urge came on.

And because it had been a very stressful day on top of the fact the urge was so strong due to 25 days of freedom. I gave up.

I cut 35 time son the top of my right thigh. moderately deep. It bleed alot actually and is very sensitive. And even though Im partly annoyed at myself for giving in. The feeling of the blade across my skin and the release it gave me really carmed me down and let me sleep. But of corse now Ive got the release the memory of release and feeling like I can cope with life again is much much fresher in my head and is making me want to cut today and cut more today.
LIZ

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Re: The urge won last night. - August 18th 2009, 03:37 PM

Liz it's okay, yes you slipped up, but you managed 25 days!!!! That is absolutely amazing!!!! Seriously, you are so strong, i could never do that. I'm so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself to.
Ily, text me any time. xxx

Dream ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: The urge won last night. - August 18th 2009, 04:19 PM

Hey there Elizabeth.

Im really sorry to hear you feel like this. I know how hard it must be for you. The thing is, you went a whole twenty five days with out. That is how strong you. Everyone has steps backs, but you cant let it put you off, because you can beat this. I can understand the arguing is hard, but i think exams and universites are a stressfull thing to talk about it. Its such a big thing, that it something people worry about. So no matter how hard it is when things like this happen, you have to walk away from it, and calm down and remember its normal, and its okay.

Just remember how you did it before and what a great achievement it was, and start again. Im always here if you ever need a chat.
- Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: The urge won last night. - August 19th 2009, 01:26 AM

Hey Liz,

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. But as everyone else has said 25 days is amazing! That is nearly a month, which is a long time to go without self harm so I think you did fantastic to go that long. I know you have slipped up now but Liz you have only slipped up. Slip ups happen all the time and they are part of recovery. You went a whole 25 days without it, which suggests to me that you can do it!

You are not stupid and I am sorry your parents said that. You are just going through a hard time. When you are depressed it is hard to just pick yourself up and it seems like they don't understand how it feels like for you.

You don't have to cut again Liz. It doesn't help really does it. It might help in the short term but now you are left feeling like you can't cope with life and can only cope with it by self harming. You are stronger than that. Use that strength inside of you that got you through those 25 days to fight the urges. I am here if you need anything at all.

Stay strong

Closed Thread