TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

WHY DID I DO THIS?! - August 20th 2009, 07:45 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Today(technically yesterday) was 7 WEEKS, and I just cut myself!!!!!!! Nothing dramatic even happend, I was just thinking about a lot of things, and I just got extremely triggered, and I cut!!!!!!! I feel SOOOO good, but SOOOO guilty at the same time!!!!! I did it A LOT, but only like 4 of my cuts bled, just because usually when I don't do it for a while, but then I do it one day/night, I do it kind of lightly. ughhh I feel content, but mad at myself at the same time!!!!!!! I just don't know WHY I would let myself do this!!!!!!!!! ugghh

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: WHY DID I DO THIS?! - August 20th 2009, 08:51 AM

Self-harm is something that will be a constant struggle, as much as it stinks to hear. Relapses will happen again most likely, but that shouldn't keep you from trying to stop. Relapses will just give you more of a reason to keep going and working to break this. You can just start your count over, or you could think of it more like that you've cut once out of 49 days. 7 weeks is a great accomplishment! Just try to go a day at a time. Also, if you haven't already, you should check out the Alternatives to Self Harm sticky (http://forums.teenhelp.org/f12-self-...ves-self-harm/) the next time you have an urge to cut that you're having trouble with. It's divided up into sections, and you can try things under the section you think would help most. Good luck PM me if you ever need anything.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

Closed Thread