TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Cutting thoughts. - August 21st 2009, 01:34 AM

I have no fucking clue why I'm having cutting thoughts right now...Im so fucking fustrated and have no fucking clue why...everytime i go and try to talk to my grandma about how im feeling nothing comes out of my mouth...I don't know what to do..Im just so fustrated and bored and upset and have no clue why...I havent cut in 2 years and im not about to ruin that well at least I hope not...Fuck I hate this feeling of not no what to do

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Cutting thoughts. - August 21st 2009, 01:52 AM

Hey Frankie,

2 years without self harm is amazing! That is such an achievement. I know you say you have no idea why you are feeling like this but perhaps it would help to think back to what was happening when you started to get cutting thoughts. Then you might be able to identify if there is anything that has triggered you.

You say everytime you try to talk to your grandma that you never manage to find the words of what to say. You could try writing a letter for her that way you could think about what you want to say and wouldn't have to worry about what you are going to say. It might be something to think about if you are finding it really hard to talk to her. I think it is really good that you want to talk to her because she could be a great help I hope you manage to talk to her. Stay strong and don't give up

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Cutting thoughts. - August 21st 2009, 02:20 AM

Nothing happen..NOTHING AT ALL...thats what I dont get....and i already talked to my grandma even though it didnt fucking help...she just made me take a fucking pill that the doctor gave to me for anxeti....NO ONE UNDERSTANDS at ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay not to be okay
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Cutting thoughts. - August 21st 2009, 02:32 AM

That must be so horrible for you to feel like no one understands. Some people will be more understanding though. It can take time though for people to understand because they have never lived your life so they can never know how it feels exactly. But they can try to understand. Could you not go back to your doctor and explain things?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Cutting thoughts. - August 21st 2009, 02:51 AM

Explain what? she knows I dont like those pills because she said they were like alcohol and I have a very addictive mind so i dont want to get addicted to them..theres nothing to explain to her..

It's okay not to be okay
|PM/VM|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: Cutting thoughts. - August 21st 2009, 05:33 AM

Maybe it would be beneficial if you bought her a book about self-injury and told her it would mean a lot to you if she read it. Maybe it would help her understand a bit more, though you have to realize that you can't MAKE someone understand. (You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.) There are so many people, though, that will understand you. Your grandma may not, and I'm so sorry for that. Some people make the wrong assumptions because it hurts to make the right ones. There is a whole team of people on this website that do, though; and I'm sure you have friends, teachers, counselors at school and other family members who will try their best to understand as well. You just have to keep opening up until somebody listens.

And please, don't beat yourself up for having thoughts of self-injury again. It's completely normal. It doesn't make you any less of a person at all. You are such a strong person and it's so incredible that you haven't cut in two years. I have total confidence that you can beat any urge that comes your way. I know it's frustrating and confusing, but it's okay. And it will be okay.

You can talk to me any time you feel triggered - PM or e-mail me. Best of luck.
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
Closed Thread