TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shanna Offline
Average Joe

Crappers - January 21st 2009, 11:43 AM

I cut last night pretty deep, it opened wide. This morning before school I immediately started cutting again. I want to cut really super bad right now, and I am considering going home right now and getting my blades to cut with. I tried using a paper clip but it didn't work, and I can't do this. I just wanna cut sooooooo bad!!!! I'm losing control now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Re: Crappers - January 21st 2009, 01:11 PM

Hey Shanna, First off, i think you may need to go to a&e if its deep, just to reduce scarring and infection. if this is a big no no, keep it clean, and use something like medicated butterfly stiches you can put on your self.
Have you been to the alternatives thread?
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130

Take care of yourself!
xx

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though Iíve been in dark places, Iíve survived and learned and become stronger".

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fieryfxcker Offline
Eternally Yours.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jasmine.

Re: Crappers - January 21st 2009, 01:21 PM

Hello. Sorry to hear that you are feeling like this, and that you have done that.
Just remember you aren't alone, and everyone here will support you and not judge you or think badly of you. If you want anyone to talk to, you may talk to me (: Of course I won't force you to tell me stuff as I'm not like that. But I do have skype and msn if you need me

Take care.
x

*I'm a slow dying flower, in the frost-killing hour, turning sour and untouchable.*

Send a message via MSN to Fieryfxcker Send a message via Skype™ to Fieryfxcker 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Crappers - January 21st 2009, 01:35 PM

Hey,

I know the urge to self-harm may be strong right now but keep telling yourself, this is just an urge, and urges can always be fought (and beaten!). When you're having an urge, remember to take deep breaths. Try counting to ten, or a hundred, in your head. One count for every breath. This may help relax you a bit, and keep your mind off the urge. Keep your hands busy, and away from sharp objects. If you're in school, focus on what you're learning, or on an assignment. Distract yourself - even ask a friend to keep you talking, it can be about anything, something random. Whatever keeps your mind off hurting yourself.

When you go home, get rid of your blades. I know this may be hard, but, having self-harm tools where you can easily access them can increase temptation. The expression 'out of sight, out of mind' may work here! You might find the urges are less, or that it's easier to fight the urges when there's nothing around you could use to hurt yourself with. Dump the blades in a trash can, bury them, throw them out the window - just get them away from you, somewhere where you won't be tempted to go looking for them.

Make sure you're taking care of the cut from the other night. An infection is probably the last thing you want right now. See a doctor, or go to the hospital if it's very deep - better safe than sorry, yeah? You may need stitches. If you don't want to get it checked out, make sure you're cleaning it and keeping it covered, so it doesn't get infected.

I'm here if you'd like to talk. Take care.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Shanna Offline
Average Joe

Re: Crappers - January 21st 2009, 07:36 PM

Its too late...I already cut...I have cut sooo much since I've gotten home. I don't think I can stop. I even cut really deep where it scared me but after an hour I went right back to cutting again. I just don't know how I'm gonna stop. I'm sorry...I'm just so scared to get help I'm too scared to do anything but cut and get messed up. I should just die. I'm not any good.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Crappers - January 21st 2009, 09:02 PM

Shanna, you are plenty good. One day, when you have recovered from self harming your story could be an inspiration to others. You can do other things, you can move past this. You just need to remain strong and continue to fight these urges. You can do this, you know. Have you tried talking to someone about this? If you are serious about stopping, then you should consider seeking help for your SH. This isn't something that you have to go through by yourself. Just asking someone for help could change your world. Please consider seeking help for this. You are 17 years old and you have your whole life ahead of you. Don't let it be mangled by continuing to SH.

If any of your cuts are serious, then you really need to seek medical help. Have you been cleaning them and taking care of them?

--A

Closed Thread