TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Polar Bear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

its a problem - August 28th 2009, 04:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Lately i've been cutting just to cut...i won't being having an episode or feeling worse than normal but i still cut. i cut so i feel the pain, and see the blood. i dont know why its started lately. any ideas?

Last edited by SimplyComplex; August 28th 2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added a triggering prefix :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: its a problem - August 28th 2009, 06:52 AM

I used to do that. Kind of like, I'd just suddenly get this feeling where I NEED to cut for NO reason, but I usually waited for the SMALLEST thing to happen to me THEN I'd do it. I don't know how I stopped doing it, sorry. I just did one day? Like I thought, "Hmmm. I don't need this."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: its a problem - August 28th 2009, 04:36 PM

I've done this before, especially if I happen to have access to a sharp object for some reason. I don't know if it's normal to want to cut just for the sensation, but if you're worrying yourself by doing it for no reason (and, duh, there IS no good enough reason to do it...) then I'd suggest stopping if you can and thinking when you catch yourself wanting to randomly. Is there anything that triggered you without you realizing it? Get up and change your location. Go out and move even if it's just taking a walk or cleaning. One of my friends has helped me greatly when he sees that I'm low and he takes me out and walking in the woods/a creek/down the road.

You don't want to keep doing this. You have so much better things to do with your time. Make a list of things you need to get done and try to finish it instead of cutting. You're going to regret it afterwards, always, so try to catch these thoughts and rationalize yourself out of them. If you ever want to talk when you're low or just confused about it, I'd love to. Even if you're not feeling social resist the urge to isolate yourself. You're strong enough to do this, and I hope this helped a little <3 Take care.

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Polar Bear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: its a problem - August 29th 2009, 12:43 AM

Thanks it did, its just confusing and hard to stop, even when you're feeling fine. Thanks though!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: its a problem - August 29th 2009, 12:51 AM

Hey, I have the same problem. You are not alone. Sometimes I'll just be sitting there, and I will cut, just to cut myself. I will be perfectly fine, but I will still cut. I found out that what is helpful is really just saying exactly what is happening. for me i will say "i am sitting in my room, nothing is wrong. i am cutting. and i need to stop." i know it's simple. but it really helps me!

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Polar Bear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: its a problem - August 31st 2009, 03:28 AM

Thanks, its comforting in a way to know others feel the same. Great advice everyone!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
beauty killer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kristin

Re: its a problem - August 31st 2009, 08:30 PM

i go through this alot actually...sometimes what i do is listen to heavy music or something like that or smoke a ciggarette...im gonna be honest it doesnt work for me all the time but sometimes it does...so try it maybe it will work...i hope yew find something positive that works for yew

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Polar Bear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: its a problem - September 1st 2009, 12:18 AM

Thanks, i will.

Closed Thread