TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Eep! - September 1st 2009, 01:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I messed up... Bad.
I cut again for the first time badly. Most of the last few have just been little rashes. However, last night, I was determined. Which is a very very very bad thing.
Pretty much, I had to try twice. I was too determined, which is now a pain to me.
I now have three cuts on one side of my wrist and four on the other and it's bugging the heck out of me. I tried last night to make it even, and failed. Now I still want it even but don't feel a "need" other than that.
It's not just annoying but it's painful with a bad scratchy sweater on over just a tank top because you forgot your uniform shirt for school. I had forgotten how much a pain all of this was, it had been so long since I have had to hide something.
I don't know what I'm looking for.
I think I just wanted to rant.
Em

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Comatose Offline
Human
Average Joe

Name: Amanda

Re: Eep! - September 1st 2009, 01:56 AM

Hi Em.
First, I just want to tell you that you should take care of your cuts. Put some neosporin and a bandaid on them, or something else that will help make them heal. You can also look at the First Aid thread in this forum. Please don't take the chance that they will get infected or result in scars later.
Second I want to tell you that slip-ups are okay. They suck, but they happen. But don't let one slip-up tare you down. Its actually a good thing that the sweatshirt is annoying your cuts, (as messed up as that sounds), because hopefully it will remind you next time you want to cut that you don't want to feel that annoying feeling, and that you don't want to feel like you have to hide something either. Hiding stuff isn't fun, so don't give yourself something that you have to hide. Check out the Alternatives thread so next time you can make better choices.
Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: Eep! - September 1st 2009, 03:59 AM

It's okay, Emily. You don't have to feel bad for relapsing. Of course it's not good for you to harm yourself, but stuff like this happens. It's part of the healing process, and it sounds like you went quite a while without self-harming before then anyway. Way to go!
It sounds like you get pretty blinded by your desire to self-injure whenever you get the urge to do so. Is there something you really love to do that might distract you from it? Maybe you like to dance, play music or sing? Just talking to a friend might help - surrounding yourself with good friends or family can even force you not to do something destructive. And I'm always here if you'd like to private message me or e-mail me and talk. I will give you my full support.
Don't let this get you down. There will be ruts and ditches that you may stumble into on the "road of recovery," but you can still climb out of them and do positive things. You deserve happiness and you can be happy, I promise!
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Eep! - September 1st 2009, 03:14 PM

I was doing all that I could not to... It was rediculous. I just, can't be at my moms, I think. I was okay for a while, but then she started to pick on me again. She started checking my grades when we'd only had a week and I had lost a worksheet, so I couldn't turn it in. She won't listen to the fact of how much every little thing is worth right now and that it won't be worth as much later. I'm tired of it.

This is how it ends
How long will it last

PM me =]

Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: Eep! - September 2nd 2009, 04:06 AM

Is there anywhere else you could go? Do you think there's a more positive place you could be living that could help you recover better?
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Eep! - September 2nd 2009, 06:38 PM

Actually, I'm usually at my dad's house, but have to go to my mom's. My dad won't change it now because I only have a year left.

This is how it ends
How long will it last

PM me =]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Name: Kayla

Re: Eep! - September 2nd 2009, 09:12 PM

Hey, just remember what we talked about yesterday! I'm always here for you, and I will always be there for you to talk to! (:

i care about you girl!
and i hope you know that!
(:

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.
  Send a message via AIM to savealife723 Send a message via MSN to savealife723 Send a message via Yahoo to savealife723  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Eep! - September 3rd 2009, 01:43 PM

Thank you Kayla! <3
I really appreciate it. =]

This is how it ends
How long will it last

PM me =]

Closed Thread