TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dtu3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 1st 2009, 03:26 PM

I tore my ACL in July and got the surgery for it. I then developed a blood clot, and had to go on 2 blood thinners. Well my blood go to thin, and it started bleeding into the muscle of my thigh, and it caused a hematoma. I was in the hospital for a week and just got home saturday. Everyone keeps saying glad to have you home, but I keep crying like 3 times a day since I got home. I littearlly miss it, and want to go back. I miss the nurses, the comfortable bed, I just miss everything. I have lately been pounding my fist into my thigh, trying to cause another one, just so I can go back. I dont know what to do, i just miss it so much

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Polar Bear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 1st 2009, 03:56 PM

Aw im sorry you're feeling this way right now. But things will get better, and this is a great place to start. My suggestion would be talking to someone you trust about why you're feeling so down. Do you have a friend you can really trust? But intentionally hurting yourself is never the answer, especially when it can have serious side affects. Hopefully this helped, even a little. I'm glad you found this site, it has recently helped me a lot, and I know it will help you too! If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask. I wish you the best, and stay strong!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dtu3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 1st 2009, 04:30 PM

I just dont understand why I feel this way though. Its not like I have a bad home life or anything, I have loving caring parents/brothers. I have great friends, yet Iam crying because Iam out of the hospital? It doesnt make any sense.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 1st 2009, 09:06 PM

Hey,

Firstly welcome to Teenhelp I hope you like it here and are able to get the support you need. I am always here if you ever need anything at all. You are never alone.

I am sorry that you are going through all this right now. It does sound like you have so much going on for you. Feelings can be so confusing at times and it can be hard to work out why you feel the way you do. But can you think back to when you started feeling like this and did anything at all happen? Even if it was something quite small. It is horrible when you don't know why you feel the way you do. It always helps to know why you feel the way you do.

You might have good friends and family but you are obviously still hurting. Just because you have these things it doesn't mean you shouldn't have these problems. People can have supportive friends and family but it doesn't take away all the pain they feel.

I know it can feel so much safer in hospital but being in hospital means less independence and you are not really living in hospital. You are much better to be out living your life. Are you getting any help with things? It might help to talk to people at home about how you are feeling about hospital. You can admit yourself voluntary if they felt that it would benefit you to be in hospital.

Stay strong

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Polar Bear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 2nd 2009, 02:56 AM

sometimes the home life isn't the problem, it's more mental. People can feel down, or like they want to hurt themselves for no obvious reason. Sometimes it's hidden at first, you just need to find it. But that doesn't mean you still shouldn't get help and talk to someone. Getting it out in the open and letting someone help you can do a lot, and hopefully get you on the right track. Keep strong, you still have so much to live for.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 2nd 2009, 04:56 AM

Hey! Welcome to TeenHelp! I'm Kayla! I'm really glad that you found this website! It's great and it really helps a lot! This is a great way to get out what you are feeling, and it has so many people here that want to help you!

I don't think that life at home has to be bad for you to miss the hospital. I think life at home can be just fine. I agree, it's more of a mental thing. I know plenty of people who want to hurt themself for no reason, and I am one of them. I know exactly what you're going through. Well. Not Exactly. But Close.

I think that you should talk to someone about how you are feeling. Maybe try a friend, or a close relative. I think that would really help you.

I also know that in hospitals, there are people there 24 hours a day that you can call and talk to if you need to. Or, you could go there and talk to them face to face if that would be more benifitial to you.

I'm sorry you're going through this and are so upset at home. /:
I hope that things get better for you.
Stay strong, and you can always talk to me if you need someone. .

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
dtu3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 2nd 2009, 02:32 PM

Well I have been checking out various sources, like on yahooanswers.com
A supposedly real nurse says that I just miss everyone taking care of me, and me not having to do anything for myself. She says that she has seen this cas far to often.

Even if that is the way it is, i still feel like crap. And Iam still crying because I miss it

(#8 (permalink)) Old
gone_wrong Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ellie

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 2nd 2009, 11:34 PM

forgive being for being stupid but wat ur ACL sorry ! i understand wat u mean although the fear of goin in hospital scares me soo much it sorta good wen ur there to start with cause u relax all control is taking away from u so thereh nothing to stress about it just the longer ur there the hasrder it get maybe try talk to ur family or who u live with llet them no how u dont feel nurtured at home u never no they might understand

(#9 (permalink)) Old
dtu3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 3rd 2009, 01:23 PM

The ACL is a major part of your knee, without it you basically cant twist it and do that kind of stuff without immense pain.

Idk iam gonna have an oppurtunity to get my mom alone on sat. Ill talk to her about it then. I thought I was over last night actually, but I woke up this morning feeling terrible

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Cazzum Offline
Helper
Average Joe

Name: Callum

Re: Hi everyone, Iam new, and I need help. - September 3rd 2009, 02:06 PM

Hey there dtu3,
It could possibly be because you've been in the hospital and because people who have never even met you are treating you amazingly, you could of grown attatched to the nurses and just the room you were in ?

I don't know much about this sort of thing, but I hope maybe this has helped? Or given you any sort of cormfort?

Don't worry, you'll be fine

Cazzum.x

"If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die" - Genghis Khan

If you need advice:
PM

Send a message via MSN to Cazzum Send a message via Skype™ to Cazzum 
Closed Thread