TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justlikeme0 Offline
Average Joe

Thumbs down What have i done!!? - September 3rd 2009, 12:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i dont know! im so mad at myself. i was having a bad day and i just finished having a not so fun conversation with my mom (shes "dissapointed" with me)

i have what i call "my box" it containes a sharpened paper clip, a sharp peice of plastic, a pointy piece of glass and a razor blade i got out of my desposable shaving razor.
ive never used the razor before. i mostly use the glass or the plastic. they leave bad scrapes but NEVER draw blood.
but today after the conversation i ran straight to my room and started crying hysterically. i grabbed my box and made a few scrapes with my plastic.
but then i grabbed the razor and made a slice! i actually drew blood! not much - only like 10 drops and then it stopped. but ive never drawn blood before!!!
what has happened to me!? what have i done!? i wasnt meant to be like this!

im so scared! and im so mad at myself for doing this!
i hate myself! what if i never stop?!

i dont even know what kind of advice i want by saying this. but please say something.

i cant believe i did this!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: What have i done!!? - September 3rd 2009, 01:44 AM

you say you've never used the blade before this?

why not get rid of the blade as soon as you can,it would tak away the tempation should you ever see it at a time like that again and it'll make it easier.

i wouldnt worry too much about doing it again,but jus as a precaution,get rid of the blade,please? it will make it MUCH easier for you,i swear.

hope this helped some

~brookie

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: What have i done!!? - September 3rd 2009, 03:04 AM

get rid of the blade, its a temptation.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: What have i done!!? - September 3rd 2009, 03:24 AM

Hey Dani :] I can understand what you're going through right now, because I've been there before as well. However, don't beat yourself up about this. You did what you thought would help at the time. Unfortunately, self harm is not the kind of 'help' you should be giving yourself.

It's great that you realize self harm is not a healthy thing to turn to. By realizing this, it makes it much easier for you to take the initiative and the first steps towards recovering. First off, I'd get rid of this box. Dump in the trash, ask someone to put it somewhere where you cannot find it, if throwing the contents away seems a bit too hard for you. Having the box nearby the next time you feel the need to hurt yourself is way too big of a temptation.

Second, arm yourself with distractions. You're going to have days where self harm seems to be the best thing to turn to. When you have a day or a moment like that, you need to know how to distract yourself. You can find a list of alternatives and distractions here that may help you out in the future.

How long have you been self harming? If you feel this has become a large problem in your life, maybe you should consider talking to someone. Not because there is anything wrong with you, but because everyone needs a little extra help every once in awhile. There are obviously issues going on in your life that are causing you to feel the need to self harm. Maybe talking through those issues would make it easy to get through the day without self harming. It's never too early or too late to talk to someone. If you feel like it may be something that could help you, it's definitely worth a shot.

You may feel as if self harm is not too big of a deal, at least not if you're not using a blade. But the truth is if you're scratching, cutting, burning, etc. no matter how minor the cuts may seem to you, self harm is a problem, and as with any problem, it needs to be dealt with. You're strong for posting this thread and admitting that you have been self harming, I think that's great. Now the next step is dealing with this problem, and finding healthier ways to truly help yourself.

I'm always around if you need to chat, so PM me anytime Hang in there. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
justlikeme0 Offline
Average Joe

Re: What have i done!!? - September 3rd 2009, 04:07 AM

yeah. i know. get rid of the blade! sounds like an easy solution....... but then why cant i do it?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: What have i done!!? - September 3rd 2009, 03:16 PM

i had a similar problem,well,the getting rid of the blade part.

i never did figure out why i couldnt get rid of it,but eventually i did....jus about a week ago,i got a new one and used it...

all i can tell you is,jus grab the blade one time and walk right to the grabage can and throw it out or whatever,dont look back at it after you do,jus keep walking away form it like its nothing and it never existed,that what i did.

the only problem i had was an urge came back that was too strong for me to handle and i let it take over,dont let that happen,dont go back to a blade again,jus get rid of this one and never put one in "your box" again.

~brookie

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
Closed Thread