TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

3 nights in a row - September 4th 2009, 04:53 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

3 nights in a row I have SH and last night it was really bad I got 3 new blades all different sizes and just cut and cut and cut. It bled really heavily and was wide as well.

It felt sooooo good though all my stresses went and I caould feel and breath again.

I hate myslef for giving in but I also love myself for letting this coping mec back into my life... I know this is stupid an I should find some new coping mec but bleeding and feeling is the best one I know and over the summer hols I only SHed 4 times. But in the hols I was really depressed on most days and now that I have given In i can live through the day with a smile on my face and cop with the depression at night by SHing

I know all this sounds stupid but its how I feel.

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
gone_wrong Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ellie

Re: 3 nights in a row - September 7th 2009, 07:24 PM

it not stupid but u should really try talk to sumone about ur depression find a way to fight back at it with hurting ur sself ther is a way and u will be happiers with out it ! docotors are scary but there also the best ppl to talk cause of confidentiallity ( how ever u spell it) help is out t here u dont nedd to struggle alone and maybe u should get ride of the new blades keeep ur self safe please i dont want anything bad to happen and if ur cuts are wide u prob need stitches hospital would be good idear it could be the first step to the rest of life PM me if u need a chat xXX

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: 3 nights in a row - September 7th 2009, 08:00 PM

Hi there Elizabeth,

I'm sorry that you're having such a difficult time with your self harm right now, it seems as though you're going through a rough patch at the moment.

I know that you think that it felt good to self harm but I am very glad that you've recognised that self harming is a bad thing to engage in and it can be very dangerous. I would highly recommend that you do try and keep your wounds clean and that you do reach out for medical attention if your wounds are bleeding heavily and are wide - it is very important that you take care of your cuts and make sure no serious damage has been done and no infections develop.
I'm proud of you for doing well over the summer and that you didn't self-harm as much as you have done recently, that's very good. However, if you're still suffering from unpleasant thoughts and depressive feelings it is important that you do deal with the issue BEHIND the self-harm, or the reasons why you're wanting to self harm. Perhaps you could talk to someone about how you've been feeling and try to work out what the reasons behind your depression are? Talking to someone you trust or a counsellor may be a good idea. It is important to try and deal with the reasons why you self harm, not just the self harm itself. In the meantime you may want to check out the alternatives thread [here] which has some suggestions to try and help you feel 'release' without harming yourself.

You do not sound stupid at all, Elizabeth, infact, you're very sensible for trying to reach out with this problem.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Alyssa* Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alyssa

Re: 3 nights in a row - September 8th 2009, 08:36 PM

it's not stupid at all. i know exactly how you feel. i SH. i just recently started again and i hate myself for doing it but i also am happy to be able to not fight the urges anymore.
  Send a message via AIM to *Alyssa*  
Closed Thread