TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kristina_Rose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristina

Worried - September 5th 2009, 04:08 AM

I haven't cut for months, but I'm feeling stressed, really stressed again. And I'm doing little things like biting my lower lip and cheek hard, picking at my fingers more, pressing my nails into my skin, etc. I really don't want to cut again and I'm worried because the little things usually lead to the big thing. Help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sweet_Venom Offline
Average Joe

Name: Brecca

Re: Worried - September 5th 2009, 04:15 AM

Hey Kristina.
When your stressed you know all you ever have to do is call. I will always be here for you. ALWAYS. Cutting is only a temporary release and the after math is always worse than the stress you had before. When ever you get the urge to cut just remember that there are other ways to get rid of stress and that Im always here for you to vent to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Halcyon Offline
Project Coordinator

I can't get enough

Name: Haley

Re: Worried - September 5th 2009, 09:40 AM

Kristina, firstly, congratulations for not self-harming for months. That's an amazing achievement, and gives hope to all those who are suffering alike. Secondly, not wanting to begin the cycle again is a great starting place. Too often we feel that the only relief is by way of self-harm, which distracts us from the emotional pain by concentrating on the physical one. But this way, we do not deal with the underlying problems and each time it only provides temporary relief.

Perhaps you could try some self-soothing techniques. One way is to soothe each of your five senses. Hearing: listen to the sounds of nature, the rain falling, or soothing music; Smell: go for a walk just after it has rained, breathe in the fresh air, or light a scented candle; Vision: look at beautiful landscapes or eye-catching art on the Internet; Taste: drink your favourite fruit juice or get yourself a treat; Touch: take a bubble bath and feel the bubbles around you, or stroke a pet if you have one.

Talk to someone you can trust about how you are feeling. Find ways in which you can alleviate your stress. Go out and have some fun with your friends. Friends can support you and be there for you when you need them. And remember, you can always post here for help and guidance.

I hope that you find all the support you need during this stressful period. Feel free to message me at any time.

Halcyon

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kristina_Rose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristina

Re: Worried - September 5th 2009, 02:44 PM

Kia,
Thanks for the stalking. And I know I can talk to you when you answer your phone. :P

Halcyon,
Thanks for the support and the suggestions. I'll be sure to keep them in mind.

Closed Thread