TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Name: Damien

not again - September 5th 2009, 07:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

well as some as you know i just got back from my second residental place. I cut myself again yesterday and now i can't stop. My room is already covered up again and i feel like i never wanna stop. what should i do?

Send a message via MSN to kokorocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
gone_wrong Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ellie

Re: not again - September 6th 2009, 01:03 AM

go to hospital or see ur doctor and tell them ur struggling maybe another placment might be the answer if ur in danger i would go to hospital or talk to sumone u trust hope u all right !! stay strong hun xXx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: not again - September 6th 2009, 01:17 AM

talk to a doctor.

if ur in the UK call http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Re: not again - September 6th 2009, 02:04 AM

i cant then i woulld have to tell my mom and i've put her through enough. And we have no insurance after me getting out of the place.

and no i don't live in UK

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: not again - September 6th 2009, 03:16 AM

Hey Kali. I understand that you would be nervous to tell your mom about this, but maybe it could help you. I know the feeling as if you've hurt your family members. But don't you think that it would hurt your mom even more to know that you were hurting yourself once again and you didn't turn to someone who could help you? You need to ask yourself: do you want to stop? Do you want to live your life without self harm? If you do, I'd do everything in your power to get the help you need right now. You don't have to go to the hospital right away, but at least talk to your mom about this. See if she has any suggestions. At least you'll have someone to help you through this. Your mom will be glad you came to her for help, and it could very well be the best thing that you do. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.
I'm confident you can get through all of this, and be self harm free

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Re: not again - September 6th 2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post
Hey Kali. I understand that you would be nervous to tell your mom about this, but maybe it could help you. I know the feeling as if you've hurt your family members. But don't you think that it would hurt your mom even more to know that you were hurting yourself once again and you didn't turn to someone who could help you? You need to ask yourself: do you want to stop? Do you want to live your life without self harm? If you do, I'd do everything in your power to get the help you need right now. You don't have to go to the hospital right away, but at least talk to your mom about this. See if she has any suggestions. At least you'll have someone to help you through this. Your mom will be glad you came to her for help, and it could very well be the best thing that you do. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.
I'm confident you can get through all of this, and be self harm free
but deep down i do'nt want to stop i love cutting it makes me feel good.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: not again - September 8th 2009, 01:15 PM

Hey.

Deep down you may not want to stop and that has to be your choice. No one can tell you to stop self harming or make you stop. You have to be ready to stop and want to stop. But self harm just causes scars and so much isolation is it really all of that. You might say yes but in the future you might look back at the scars and wonder why you did that to yourself and regret it. There are much healthier ways to deal with how you feel rather than self harming. You might not be aware of these right now but if you got the help you need then you would be able to explore alternative coping strategies.

I do totally agree with Amanda about talking to your mum. She could be really supportive and also it could be a huge weight off you if you were able to tell your mum. You know the sooner you tell someone the sooner things can begin to change. You don't have to be stuck like this forever, but if you want things to be different then you are going to have to do something.

I believe you can stop self harming. You might say I am wrong but everyone can stop if they want to. But you have to want to do it for yourself. No one can do it for you, only you can.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: not again - September 8th 2009, 10:06 PM

Hey Kali,

I think that deep down you do know that what you're indulging in is not a good thing. I say this because you're conscious of it and that you're here, posting for help or advice - this is not criticism, in fact, it's a very good thing that you're posting here.

I can relate to the feeling of not wanting to give up self-harming. You may have self harmed because it makes you feel good or makes you feel a positive emotion, however, that feeling only comes in the short term and in the long term, self harm is very dangerous and addictive (as you may have already experienced) - the cons outweigh the pros and there is no need to hurt yourself. There are a lot more safer alternatives [sticky here] and coping mechanisms that you could try and use instead of harming yourself. You don't deserve to be hurt nor need to hurt yourself.

If you're not comfortable with talking to your mother about your problems then I would suggest that you try to talk to another adult that you trust as it could be very helpful to you to have some support. You can get help and support from others but you do have to make an effort to reach out for that help and grasp it. People want you to feel better, Kali.

Take care of yourself.

Closed Thread