TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

It's so hard to control urges!! - September 18th 2009, 09:53 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I wanna cut SOO bad, school isn't helping. I think my body wants it and so does my mind, I don't know what to do about it. The urge is starting to cripple me, I don't wanna do anything anymore but be alone and thats the worst cuz I hate being alone and I know my mind will revert to thinking about this and suicide...
I don't know what to do, I wanna do this but I'll be breaking a little over 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: It's so hard to control urges!! - September 18th 2009, 10:17 PM

Hey Suniesha,

It seems like you really want to cut but deep down you don't want to do it. 5 months self harm free is so amazing and I don't think you want to throw all that away. Do you know what has helped you manage a whole 5 months without self harm? If so then perhaps it could help you at the moment. You have been ever so strong to hang on for this long; you don't have to self harm. It won't solve anything and you will just feel so much worse after doing it. It really isn't worth it.

I am here for you so you are more than welcome to PM me. You are stronger than self harm so don't let it win! Stay strong

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: It's so hard to control urges!! - September 18th 2009, 10:23 PM

Hey there Suniesha,
Sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time. You aren't the only one though. That's so awesome you have already gone for over 5 months! Don't give in now! Don't forget about the Alternatives forum to help find other things to do until the urges go away. School sometimes makes it harder to control urges. What I do when I have an urge to cut is go around with my friends so they help my get SH off my mind. It will be hard but don't give in! I know you can do it!
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: It's so hard to control urges!! - September 19th 2009, 04:24 AM

Hi there,
I know all of this happened yesterday, but I still hope you're okay. Something that personally helps me with triggers is thinking about how much I'll regret it if I hurt myself - new scars to deal with and explain, hiding things, scabs, the pain you experience the day after when you DON'T want anymore pain. You don't want to ruin 5 months (almost 6!), and you don't have to.
Also, if you want to go to extremes (and have fun doing it), just distract yourself entirely. Surround yourself with your good friends and watch movies so you have no choice but to not self-harm. You'll definitely thank yourself later.
The longer you go without self-injuring, the easier it becomes to resist temptation. Keep that in mind. ;]

~Marlie
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: It's so hard to control urges!! - September 19th 2009, 12:15 PM

Over 5 months is brillient so well done. As for the feeling of wanting to and needing to give in...I think you know deep down that you dont want to stop the long period of time you have been free. And school can and does make life more stressful and the urges bigger but just remember the length of time oyu have lasted and write down all the good things about being SH free.They outway the bad things about being Sh free dont they.
You can do this I know you can keep fighting

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
Closed Thread