TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
solost10 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

i use whatever i can get my hands on - September 19th 2009, 09:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I use whatever I can find first to self harm. I even used a rock and the metal on top of a soda can. Is it just me or do other people use weird things?
 Send a message via ICQ to solost10  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: i use whatever i can get my hands on - September 19th 2009, 10:11 PM

ive used a soda top,a blade,a pen,a pencil,rocks,metal strips,you name it,ive probably attempted to use it. i was desperate i guess...

so no,its not jus you

~Brookie

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i use whatever i can get my hands on - September 20th 2009, 02:42 AM

Hi there Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with self harm.
Self injuring with things such as rocks and the metal on the top of soda cans is very dangerous and should be avoided. Self harming is dangerous at any level and is inflicting unnecessary pain upon yourself but it is especially dangerous if you are using unclean 'tools' to hurt yourself and not taking care of your injuries. You may want to check out the first aid thread [here]. You are putting yourself at risk of infection if you are harming yourself with unclean objects, Sarah. I would also recommend that you do take care of any wounds you have and make sure that they stay clean. If you do find that you have an infection then please do seek out medical assistance. However, I do doubt that you're alone in this, many people do use different objects to hurt themselves with.

Whatever you are hurting yourself with, the fact is that you're harming yourself and you really don't need to hurt yourself, Sarah. Have you considered giving up self harm? It is a difficult thing to do, but it is very worthwhile and I would recommend that you do try and utilise some new, safer coping mechanisms rather than hurting yourself. Identifying triggers is very important too, talking to someone frequently (such as a counsellor) or even just writing a diary can help you with identifying these things and help you work out what is helping you. There is a good list of alternatives [here] which you may want to use when you are trying to think of alternative coping mechanisms. We're always going to be here for you, too. Talking is very helpful.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
solost10 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: i use whatever i can get my hands on - September 20th 2009, 04:59 AM

Thanks for trying to help me I appreciate it but I can't give up self harm I just cant. I have tried but things always find a way to come back and hurt me and make me want to. If i give up self harm I honestly think I will be giving up my life...
 Send a message via ICQ to solost10  
Closed Thread