TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'll be your hope.
Average Joe

Name: Brook

.... - January 22nd 2009, 10:02 PM

I just finished cutting...now I'm crying..I know I just can't stay away from cutting anymore...I just can't it's a major part of my life again..now worse than ever..I'm not strong enough to live without it..everything is wrong...people are treating me like shit...no one outside of TH is there for me...I'm so alone...I feel like everyone is out having fun while I'm left in the dark..all i do is cry and cut..everything is wrong I can't deal with this pain anymore...I just want to go to sleep forever..never wake up...I want to cut again and I probably will..I just need to bleed...bleed out my pain..

Failure is not falling; it is remainin where you have fallen.
You laugh because i'm d.i.f.f.e.r.e.n.t, I laugh because you're all the s.a.m.e.

Last Self Harm:08/04/11

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: .... - January 22nd 2009, 10:21 PM

Hey Brook-

Self harm is not something that goes away quickly. You really really have to work at it to stop. It's one of the hardest things you'll have to do in your life. You have to ask yourself two questions. Do you want to stop? and How bad do you want to stop?

If you don't feel you're ready to stop, then that is okay. Then you should look at some first aid tips and make sure you're being very safe about it. If you are ready to stop, how many resources do you have?

I'm going assume that you want to stop, or at least slow down. Though if this is not the case, that's okay. Think of lists and lists of alternatives. They're everywhere on google. And not only alternatives, but distractions along with that. When you want to cut, if you sit there staring at whatever you use to self harm, you have a less chance of being able to stop yourself. Instead, if you put anything sharp away, and go on a walk, or watch a movie or something of the sort, you can sometimes get your mind off of it.

The first step to really stopping, is throwing out or getting rid of whatever you're self harming with. And you can do this, even though it may seem impossible now. Not only is it like your security blanket, it's a symbol of many things. And not many are able to very willingly give that up. But you can do it, and find other things to fill it's place that aren't so harmful.

Try your best not to cut again. Just try and go to sleep, or read a book. Draw with red marker where you would cut if that won't trigger you even more. Sometimes it helps just to see it.

And along with all this, I do suggest you speak to someone - anyone, about this. It's very hard to do alone, and if you have a friend you can call, that makes it that much easier. Therapists and school guidance counselors are also good places to start looking for help.

You're not alone with your problems, and you can get through this.
Best of luck <3
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
7thCavalry Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: .... - January 22nd 2009, 11:59 PM

Brook... Breathe.... Take a deep breath. And do it ten times in a row. 'Where the mind goes. The body will follow'. You need to relax your mind. Try some of the alternatives to cutting like drawing red lines or chewing bubble gum. Try to take your mind off of the things that trigger you. Like go for a walk or even just write down 10 good things that happened today, like the warmth of your house or the food you ate.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NEVERSHOUTNEVER<3
Average Joe

Re: .... - January 23rd 2009, 12:18 AM

hey hun=/
im going threw the same thing you are, and have been for quite sometime
ive been trying to stop since 7th grade...im now in 9th=/ its not an easy thing, and yea, it may seem its taking over your life right now...nd it may seem noone cares about you or anything, but im sure people outside of this website care. its just hard to see right now b/c your going threw a tough time.
have you gotten perfessional help or like anything like talk to an adult er anything??
that might help. If nobody knows whats going on with you they cant help=/
i learned that the hard way=/ but if you need ANYTHING you could ALWAYZ PM me:]
im alwayz here for you:]

how stubborn are the scars when they wont fade away..or just a gentle reminder that now are better days
<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
love__me Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rachel Sanders

Re: .... - January 23rd 2009, 02:31 AM

I have to agree with what Maria said, cutting isn't something that will just go away, you have to be willing fully willing to give it up. You also should try talking to someone, it always helps to have a listening ear at hand whenever your feeling down, or having urges.

You are beautiful just the way you are.
Looking like a fallen star.
Don't listen to what people say.
They don't know the real you, anyways.

Closed Thread