TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Harriet

Please help - I need you guys - September 21st 2009, 12:02 AM

Heya everyone! I wasn't sure where to put this, but I usually post here so...here goes.
I'm not feeling great atm, just a cumulative effect of things. Trouble is, I go to a boarding school and I can't get the chat part of this site at school...which I pretty much can't live without. Also, they log the sites we go on, and I don't want to go on here too much, in case they realise something's up.
So, I can't see my therapist atm, and I'm feeling really aweful, things keep getting worse and worse and I'm in the middle of applying to uni, which doesn't help. I'm trying to NOT self harm, but my attempts aren't really working...which obviously makes me feel worse...and it just escalates. Added to which, a couple of people at school have noticed the cuts and stuff, so that makes everything much worse. I NEED the people on this site...I just had to live without it for a week for the first time in like 4 months...and it's like another limb for me...it's so tough, I can't even explain. I just need to know I have you guys' support...I need you.
Please message me, PM me over the next week or so...whatever...just so I know you care (of course...don't feel you have to).
Thanks so much...I try not to sound desperate but I'm getting to breaking point, and I'm trying to be strong
Much Love,

Harriet
xxx

I hope for nothing
I fear nothing
I am free
  Send a message via MSN to rat  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: Please help - I need you guys - September 21st 2009, 12:18 AM

Hey Harriet!
I know how hard these things can be. Life can be tough. It's something that we all know. But be strong. I know you can be!
I know what it's like to not be able to get on TeenHelp during school, it drives me crazy. I just want to get home so that I can get on, and help everyone! But I think that once you get used to it, it won't be so hard for you.
When do you think is the next possible time you could talk to your therapist? That might really help you, or you could go to your closest emergency room and I know that they have people there 24 hours a day that you can talk to about anything.
Please keep trying not to harm yourself, you've kept yourself up this far, I know you can keep doing it! Please try.
You have all of our support. TeenHelp is like your family. Every member on here cares for you, and we all want you to be okay and safe.

I care about you. And I have faith in you!
Love,
Kayla.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Please help - I need you guys - September 21st 2009, 12:28 AM

Thanks Kayla,
I can't see my therapist because my parents don't know I'm seeing her...so she isn;t getting paid...so she won't help me anymore. And I find it really hard to talk to anyone...I only just built up this relationship with her and I don't know if I can do it again
And i've only not harmed myself for 4 days...how can I convince people i'm fine if I keep getting new scars...i can't keep this up much longer...

I hope for nothing
I fear nothing
I am free
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Please help - I need you guys - September 21st 2009, 12:35 AM

Hey Harriet. I was going to PM you, but I just wanted to let you know that I read your post and you're not alone. I speak for everyone on TH when I say that we're here for you. Even if you mess up, that's okay. Just keep fighting. Fight it as hard as you can. You control this. You don't need to self harm. Your brain thinks you do, but you really don't. You're stronger than you know. Hang in there.
With hope,
Hannah

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: Please help - I need you guys - September 21st 2009, 01:02 AM

I am here for you whenever you need me. I just sent you a private message - keep your chin up!
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: Please help - I need you guys - September 28th 2009, 10:13 PM

hey girl
i care.
i dont even know you and i care about you soo much. i care about everyone on this site.
pm me if you EVER need to talk.
<3 always,
Cherry

(#7 (permalink)) Old
rat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Please help - I need you guys - October 4th 2009, 12:16 AM

Thanks everyone...it's so nice to know that people care. My therapist texted me and I'm seeing her this week...and I think I might tell her everything that's been going on (as in, not lie to make myself seem less messed up) but I'm scared - which is pathetic I know...Also, I have this issue...there's this one teacher at my school who's really mean to me, I have them once a week and I get triggered MASSIVELY ...so I can't go one week without self harm...i don't know what to do...any ideas?

I hope for nothing
I fear nothing
I am free
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
crazyheart12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: Please help - I need you guys - October 5th 2009, 05:45 AM

u should start a fight and really punch someone hard! that will get the adrenaline running. jk. just run through a quiet area with alot of trees that is calm and beautiful. that makes me happy and gets the endorphines going.

p.s do u have any area that is empty all the time with not alot of are that can burn?
if so start a fire its warm and u feel a sense of accomplishment for doing it

(#9 (permalink)) Old
VoodooGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: Please help - I need you guys - October 17th 2009, 02:47 AM

I don't know you and I don't really have anything smart to say, or great advice, I suck at that, but I care. Ok, I'm gonna take a go at advice. Maybe you should talk to your teacher, don't be disrespectful or anything because you probably don't wanna get in trouble, but don't be afraid to speak your mind either. Maybe it will help to get those feelings out.

You can PM me anytime

Closed Thread