TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Take501 Offline
Pain & Lost soul
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dian

si - September 21st 2009, 03:25 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ok well i gave in last night every thing is just to much, with the term ending and my aunt almost comming back yay but i know i dont wish this but if she comes back my life go back to normal, i can then almost never realy c my brother becuase iam not good for him but his my only shoulder. i just want to cut, cut, cut, and cut some more. i did not have any urges till last night. fuck. if my term ends then i c how bad ive done then my dad en everyone would be on my case. and then i would just want to cut again and again. i want a new life cant i just end it and begin over. plz let me have this last happyness
  Send a message via MSN to Take501  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: si - September 21st 2009, 03:53 AM

I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. First though, you have to breathe and calm down. You can be okay. I know it sucks to slip up, but it happens to everyone. Unfortunately you can't really get a whole new life, but you can change the one you've got. There's a whole thread here on TH right HERE. There are a bunch of things there you can do to distract yourself and calm the urge. If one doesn't work for you, try another. Everyone is different so what works for someone else might not work for you. But don't give up!

Cutting doesn't solve your problems. It's a quick fix and just causes you more pain in the long run. That being said, you have to really want to quit for it to work. Sooner or later you will want that. Just be safe. You can be happy. You're stronger than you think. You're in control of this.

PM me if you need to talk. Hang in there.
With hope,
Hannah

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: si - September 21st 2009, 11:12 AM

Hey Dian,

I am sorry to hear about all of this. It sounds like you are going through so much right now. Like Hannah said self harm doesn't solve your problems. It is a short term solution to a long term problem because you have to keep self harming to get that release. Self harm just adds to your problems and causes more and it really isn't worth it. You don't deserve that pain. Thats not to say all the other problems self harm causes like all the isolation you get left with and the risk of infection.

If your dad and people do get on your case because you haven't done as well as they hoped then you shouldn't let them make you hurt yourself. Just think at least you tried; they might have hoped you would do better but parents are often like that and want you to do better and better when sometimes it really is unrealistic. You can stop self harming if you want to. I believe you can do it.
If you need anything at all then I am always happy to listen. Stay strong

Closed Thread